Neet to improve the performance of UI of DSP...which is imvoking webMethods services

Hi,

We have made a front end UI for user in dsp and invoking webMethods services to fetch data whenenver it is required. Earlier It was working fine and we did not face any problem till now. Now what is happening, when user is giving some search criteria and based on that database is returning huged data than it is taking so much time to show data to user…I know data is very huged…nearly 150 Million records. Adapter service is able to fetch data within 4-5 seconds but after that webMethods service is taking so much time to do some mapping and modifying a bit before showing to user…now we have pressure from client side to improve the performance of UI…we are not getting much idea…

we looked at webMethods side and not able to do any improve …than …we thought that lets try to improve adapter services may be they are taking much time…but when we measured the time…we found that adapters are not taking much time…

Any body have any suggestions…all are welcome…

One suggestion that i think of is decrease mapping at the string level. If possible map at the document level.

Just curiosity:
Why do they need 1.5 million? ( Put additional filters…)
And how r u able to bring 1.5m data in 4-5 sec?

Thanks Kerni,

Currently in dev I have nearly 20K records which I am able to fetch within 3-4 seconds, I measured the time. But after that service is taking time and currently for 20K records, we are able to show to user in nearly 2-3 min. But as per requirement daily nearly 5K transactions in production and we have to deal with nearly one month transactions…count the figure…

Currenlty if user is not giving any search criteria, than we have to fetch all the records…thats a problem…which we can not do…right now…huged data…problem…

So now we are planning to put a timeout step and if service is taking more time, than give a message to user that not able to fetch…so user can narrow his search criteria…we hope this will help…

It’s always a bad idea to display million rows of data on a single webpage. It will be a big issue just for the browser to display it. you should think of paging it (say, 1k rows a time, give use option to goto page 2, 3 …n). If the user just want the whole thing, I suggest to use file download, you generate the results in certain format (csv for example) and allow the user to download it. This way you can avoid the time to parse results into html and the time browser use to parse it.
HTH,
Tong