NATTMP environment variable

Hi everyone
Have you ever heard about the $NATTMP environment variable?. The things is that I’ve been receiving a NAT1583 when I try ti print a report online from Natural. I found into the ServLine24 a report which mentions that environment variable.
So when I use the ‘sag’ user to login I can generate the online report but when I use another kind of user to login I receive the NAT1583.
The NATPARM definitions is at the device/report assignments:
LPT1 AUTO 80 132 32767 $SAG/Procesos/imprime D. Where imprime is the following shell script:
cat > $HOME/Reportes/filexxx.txt
exit 0
The Natural program is:
define printer (ors=1) output ‘LPT1’
write (ors) ‘Esta es una prueba’
end

I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advanced.

Regards

Sounds like a permission problem to me, try to run that script from outside natural, using a non-sag user that doesn’t work when you run it from inside natural.

The description of NAT1583 says something about “TMP_PATH in the Natural.INI file” …

So every home-directory (for sag and for all other users) has to containa a subdirectory “Reportes”, right?

Hi Wolfgan,
I just did what you recommended me and the non-sag user can run the shell script outside of Natural but inside of Natural it could not.

Hi Wolfgan,
I just did what you recommended me and the non-sag user can run the shell script outside of Natural but inside of Natural it could not.

Matthias,
Yes the NAT1583 descriptions mentions the TMP_PATH in the NATURAL.INI, so I already checked it and found out a tmp.
Yes every user has the Reportes directory defined.

Wolfgan/Matthias,
I already compare the sag user and the non-sag user and both are looking well. So I can notice the following:

1. The home directory for the sag user is /opt/softwareag and the home directory for the non-sag user is /home/non-sag
  2. Both users belongs to the sag group

In regards of the shell script it has full permisology follow you can see the permisology: -rwxrwxrwx 1 sag sag 262 2008-08-29 imprime.

I am afraid when the non-sag user try to run the shell script and it execute the cat command it can not create the filexxx.txt file. But why does the non-sag user cannot execute the cat command?. The filexxx.txt does not exist so Why does the sag user can create it?

Best Regards

The CU told me that He thinks that is a Natural problem and he also think that some Natural parameter definitions is missing. I don

Wolfgan/Matthias,
The reason for the NAT1583 happened is because the tmp directory belongs to nat directory does not allow the non-sag user write on it. I changed the definitions using chmod command and now the non-sag user be able to write or create file on the tmp directory.

I read that the tmp directory is a Natural transient directory used as a kind of spool file. Does it?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers