NAT3041 in referring file which has new PE and MU field

Hi Helmut and Nikolay,

Appreciate your patience and detail explanation about file difference in PREDICT. yes i tried and done the file difference.
But could not see any DB fields with DO.

I had attached the file difference between A(Parent file) and U (DDM) for your reference.

Need your expert opinion on this.
PREDICT - File difference.docx (16.2 KB)

We’re back to where we started. The error message

confirms that field EMPLOYEE-NUMBER is not in the FDT: subcode 4 indicates that file 31 in DB 241 does not contain field DO.

Ask your DBA to update the FDT.

If you are the DBA, then you must follow Helmut’s advice. Use Predict to determine and eliminate the differences between the DDM and FDT. Sorry, I don’t recall the menu navigation sequence in Predict. Your attachment looks like a comparison of two file definitions; what you need is a comparison of a file and its FDT.

Hi All,

Actually i am not a DBA guy. so not sure how to perform the comparison of a file and its FDT in PREDICT tool.

I actually thought issue is with the Group field which was defined.

G 1 DN SUBMITTOR-DETAILS
2 DO EMPLOYEE-NUMBER N 8.0 N
2 DP EMPLOYEE-NAME A 45 N
2 DQ HR-ORG-UNIT-NAME A 75 N
2 DR HR-ORG-UNIT-NUMBER N 8.0 N
2 DS SUBMIT-DATE N 8.0 N

so i ignore aforementioned group fields and declared a new fields freshly today as elementary fields, then referring the new worked fine without any issues. still i had no clue how the field EMPLOYEE-NUMBER whose DB name “DO” got missed out in FDT or how to find it.

Highly appreciate to all people who shared their knowledge and time on this post.

Ralph’s posting has a VERY important sentence, "Ask your DBA to update the FDT. "

Also, please check if your LDA (with the expanded list of fields for the DDM) was stow’ed (or just save’d).

Same goes for the Adabas file definitions.

Look at the stow dates.

It certainly seems as if either (both?) the DDM or the FDT was not actually changed.

Hi Steve and Ralph,

Thanks. Yes. We need to update the FDT in order to use the new fields or any changes made to the existing fields.

I had done that and it works fine. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: 8) :lol:

Note: Sorry for late response.