MWS init Failing after migration from 9.10 to 10.5

I’m running migration utility to migrate MWS from 9.10 to 10.5. I could see below errors while running init after migration. Wrapper will exit with these errors. Please help me on this. attaching detailed error logs.

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress
jvm 1 | at java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks.add(ApplicationShutdownHooks.java:66)
jvm 1 | at java.lang.Runtime.addShutdownHook(Runtime.java:211)

errorLog.txt (98.7 KB)

Hi Mohith,

looks like a severe ClassPath issue within your installation as the log reports a NoClassDefFoundException.
Due to this NoClassDefFoundException the server is automatically shutting down.

Did you check the “Supported Upgrade Pathes” Documentation to check if the direct migration from 9.10 to 10.5 is possible?

If direct migration is not possible you might have to take an intermediate migration to 9.12 or 10.1 to mitigate the NoClassDefFoundException.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger

I could see below null pointer exceptions

and its failing for “wm_xt_installcomponentdata” and exit wrapper with shutdown in progress exceptions

2020-01-02 04:53:09 EST (c.w.p.PortalException:INFO) [MWS Startup-1][] [] - No registered exception delegate 2020-01-02 04:53:09 EST (c.w.p.s.i.i.PartitionPhaseProvider:ERROR) [MWS Startup-1][] [] - [POP.001.0002] A "java.lang.NullPointerException" occurred with the Message "null"

And I tried migrating from 9.10 to 10.3. I couldn’t see any issues. Its working properly with 10.3.

I’m not sure why 10.5 throwing errors while migrating from 9.10?

Hi Mohith,

when migrating from 9.10 to 10.3 works, can this be used as base to migrate from 10.3 to 10.5?

Regards,
Holger