Multiple brokers sharing same port

hi all
can any one let me know " can there be two or more broker server’s on a same port 6849".iwas working with broker and find that my B.server and when i tried to add my collegue B.sever it added but on same port 6849.how come ???.plz help me in this boubt

As per your problem Abdul Rahim, You can’t have more than one broker server on one port. But you can have many brokers on a single port under the broker server. It is broker (under the Broker Server) which you use to configure the IS. I bet you added the Broker under the broker server for your collegue and in that case you will have different broker on the same broker server and same port.

HTH

hello taz,
i appreciate to ur response but still i had not cleared my doubt here iam sending the full information copied,hope this makes more sense to my issue.

Broker Server Information
Name rsiddiqui
Port 6849 (default)
Description two
Status Good
SSL Secure Socket Layer needs to be configured
Access Control Not accessible, Identity required
Connections 1
Current Locale -
Version 6.1.0.3.37 122804
Created 2005-12-31 11:02:16 AST
Running Since 2006-01-03 07:42:53 AST
License Expires 2006-04-26 22:59:59 AST

Broker Server Information
Name localhost
Port 6849 (default)
Description one
Status Good
SSL Secure Socket Layer needs to be configured
Access Control Not accessible, Identity required
Connections 6
Current Locale -
Version 6.1.0.3.37 122804
Created 2005-12-27 10:22:55 AST
Running Since 2006-01-03 07:44:07 AST
License Expires 2006-04-26 22:59:59 AST

so these r the 2 B.servers that i had on my b.ADMIN ok. u can see the port’s of each u can find both same…???

Hi Abdul,

You cannot create two Broker Servers with the same port as Taz said. If you have to create a separate broker server you would have to give a separate port other than the default one.

You can add a separate broker server of your colleague to your IS by going to your wMBrokerAdmin Page and configuring it, but before that you would have to create a remote alias of the IS.

Cheers
Jimmy

abdul wrote:
“…that my B.server and when i tried to add my collegue B.sever it added but on same port 6849”

Sounds like you are referring to two different machines? In that case, the two Broker Servers can indeed be using the same port. It is only when two or more Broker Servers are on the same physical machine (bound to the same IP address) that they cannot use the same port.

Rob is right ABdul tell me first if you are talking about on the same box. You can add broker server which is just for monitoring purpose and some manipulation but it doesn’t mean that you are creating a new broker server on that machine. In other word you just explored a new broker server with the same port no. on that broker admin.