MQ Adapter 60 Listener unable to reconnect to Queue Manager

Hi All,
I am using the WebSphere MQ Adapter 6.0 to receive messages. I have set the Listener properties like this
Retry Limit - 30
Retry Backoff Timeout - 180 Seconds

When the connection to the Queue manager is lost, then according to the listener setting, it should make 30 attempts to reconnect at an interval of 180 seconds each. That means, the listener will make attempt for 1.5 hours to restore the connection and if the Queue Manager is available in 1.5 hrs, then listener should be able to restore the connection.
However this does not happens. I have tested this couple of times, during the down time from MQ, the listener looses the connection immediately and is disabled, making no attempts to reconnect.
I will be glad if anyone have a solution for this problem.
I expect the adapter to restore the connection, otherwise, I have to write a scheduled service which monitors the state of the listener and makes it up when ever it goes disabled, which is definitely not a good solution.
Bye for now,
Sathya KM

By the way,
this is the error message received from the Listener

[ART.118.5053] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to get a connection to resource XXXXXXXXX. [ADA.600.3033] Connection to Queue Manager YYYYYY could not be initialized; cc=2,rc=2009.

Sathya KM