Migration from 6.5 to 10.3

Hi Everyone,

We are going to do migration from 6.X to 10.X. So here we have any automation process over there or we have to do it by manually.
Can anyone suggest here…

Regards,
Bharat

Hi Bharath,

There is no direct migration path from 6.x to 10.x. You will need to migrate from 6.x to 9.7 using migration utility and later migrate from 9.7 to 10.x using migration utility provided by Integration Server.

Regards,
-Kalpesh.

1 Like

Hi,

even for Migrating from 6.5 to 9.7 there is no direct migration path.
You will need to migrate to 7.1.3 and then to 8.2 in between.

I suggest that you get in contact with SAG Consulting to get migration assistance.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

[quote=Holger von Thomsen]
Hi,

even for Migrating from 6.5 to 9.7 there is no direct migration path.
You will need to migrate to 7.1.3 and then to 8.2 in between.

I suggest that you get in contact with SAG Consulting to get migration assistance.

Hi,

sorry i mentioned the wrong version.we are going to do the migration from 7.1.3 to 10.3, so for that do we have any automation process or we have to do it by manually? can you help me here…

Regards,
Bharath S

Hi,

We are going to do the migration from 7.1.3v to 10.3v, so for that do we have any automation process or we have to do it by manually? can you help me here…

Regards,
Bharath S

Hi,

you will have to upgrade to 9.5 as side-by-side first as this is the latest version for which a direct upgrade path exists.

From there you can migrate to 10.1.

Starting with 9.x release there are only side-by-side upgrades supported, overinstall is no longer an option.

See https://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite10-4/SysReqs_Installation_and_Upgrade/compendium/install-upgrade-webhelp/Supported_Upgrade_Paths.pdf for further informations about Upgrade paths and https://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite10-4/SysReqs_Installation_and_Upgrade/compendium/install-upgrade-webhelp/to-upgrades_covered.html for informations how to perform the upgrade.

Regards,
Holger