Migrating to 61

We are thinking of upgrading from 6.0.1 to 6.1 to take advantage of the package class loader feature, the improved performance, and some of the EDI-related features.

Has anyone migrated to 6.1 yet? Any comments? I know it’s only been GA’d for a week or two.

Thanks,
Michelle

We are in the process of migrating existing Enterprise 5.0 and IS 4.6 services to 6.1.

So far the feedback from developers about the Developer IDE has been very positive. We haven’t found any issues with the server during development. The flat file adapter user interface inside Developer needs some serious help just like in 6.01.

We have not yet conducted any performance tests to attempt to validate that the performance improvements have in fact been delivered.

Mark

We only conducting tests for possible migration from 6.0.1 to 6.1. Some of the IS tests on performance of service execution did not show any major improvements to speak of at least under Windows Intel platform and HP-UX. Both 6.0.1 and 6.1 seem to run sevices and HTTP requests with same speed. That is testing various operations, mapping and flow invokation locally and remote. I was expecting to see JDBC notification in Cluster to be fixed but that did not happened, at least I did not see any release note about it!