log4j - Unix path

Hi All,

We have implemented the log4j mainly for logging, currently in windows. I need to know how to mention the UNIX path.
Herewith attached the log4.xml for reference.

Regards,
Hari
log4j.xml (725 Bytes)

Did you try with below

${user.home}/SAG/My.log, user generally has right to write in home dir.

Our Logger is configured on Linux and here is the sample xml.

<appender name="XXXX" class="ch.qos.logback.core.FileAppender">

<file>logs/log4j.log</file>

<append>true</append>

<encoder>

<pattern>%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss} %logger{50} %3([%.-1level]): %msg%n</pattern>

</encoder>

</appender>

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks a lot for the details.
Promoted the changes in DEV, waiting this to be tested in DEV.

Regards,
Hari

Hi Mahesh, All,

This is the DOMConfigurator.configure(fileName) built in method which creates the file by reading all the parameters from the log4j.xml file.

N/w admin has informed that these variables are not initialized under user profile and our the program needs to read those variables from “wrapper.conf” file of respective instances using some java code to get the values from wrapper.conf file.

Option-1:
Any thoughts on how to implement this?

Option-2:
I can set the “log file path” in each respective environments specific XML file (ex: dev_log4j.xml, qa_log4j.xml) and this XML file can be identified by configuration.property file key/value. Moreover this key can be identified using the ‘IS GLOBAL Variable for environment’ (‘ENV-VAR= / / ’)

configuration.property
DEV_configFilePath=“dev_log4j.xml”,
QA_configFilePath=“QA_log4j.xml”,
PROD_configFilePath=“PROD_log4j.xml”

dev_log4j.xml

QA_log4j.xml

Here in PROD, we have 2 nodes, in both, we have the GLOBAL VARIABLE ENV_VAR=PROD, so we can’t two different key/value for PROD in the property file. Here is the key/value place were we give different paths for the log file.

PROD_log4j.xml

This will create the log file only in PROD1, not in PROD2.

Could you please tell me, how to identify the PROD01 and PROD02 node
How to overcome this ?

dev - /runtime/installed/SoftwareAG/IntegrationServer/instances/IS_Inst01/logs/
QA - /runtime/installed/SoftwareAG/IntegrationServer/instances/ISClusterNode01/logs
PROD1 - /runtime/installed/SoftwareAG/IntegrationServer/instances/ISClusterNode01/logs
PROD2 - /runtime/installed/SoftwareAG/IntegrationServer/instances/ISClusterNode02/logs

Regards,
Hari

No idea, sorry!