legal question concerning Entirex

Hi,

I’m not sure this is the right place for this post.

I am busy creating a little software to manage EntireX brokers. I would like to release it as freeware, but I have questions regarding legal details :

• If I release it as an executable, am I allowed to deliver it with with the broker32.dll library coming from the EntireX mini runtime ?

• This software will have its associated website, and of course I will have to mention Softwareag and EntireX on this website. Am I allowed to do it ? Do I have to add some legal notice of any kind ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Michel.

As I am neither a lawyer nor a legal advisor please do NOT take this as a legal advice, just food for thought:

As the EntireX mini-runtime is free to download, why don’t you just mention it as a prerequisite for your tool
and let users install it beforehand ?

This comes with the advantage that site administrators have more control over who connects to a Broker,
consider sites probably won’t be particularly happy when everyone within an organization can just download
your tool and connect to any Broker on the network.

Best regards,
   Wolfgang

1 Like

Indeed, excellent remark.

I will follow this advice.

Anyway, I think it’s not the right place to ask such questions…
I’m gonna contact some support guy I know at SAG, for ansewers to my second question…

Kind regards.
Michel.