LDAP Directory Settings

I have went through the Software AG documentation and I have mention this parameters in IS Add LDAP Directory, I get the following error when login and also given below what parameters I have added

Error:
Access denied for user deepwright on port 15000 → ‘WmRoot/’ from 11.4.154.15.[38]2011-02-04 11:50:09 MST [ISS.0002.0010E] Error querying for user deepwright: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C09062B, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, vece]

LDAP Directory Settings
Directory URL : ldap://adam.companyname.com:55000
Principal :
Credentials :
Connection Timeout (seconds): 5
Minimum Connection Pool Size: 0
Maximum Connection Pool Size: 10

Synthesize DN
DN Prefix:
DN Suffix:

Query DN
UID Property: CN=ApplicationBindAccount,DC=companyname,DC=COM
User Root DN: OU=users,DC=companyname,DC=COM

Default Group: Administrators
Group Member Attribute: member
Group ID Property: CN=ApplicationBindAccount,DC=companyname,DC=COM
Group Root DN: OU=users,DC=companyname,DC=COM

Please assist me with this issue. What parameters I need to change or require to get it working.

thanks,

Deep

Hi Deep,

Error:
Access denied for user deepwright on port 15000 → ‘WmRoot/’ from 11.4.154.15.[38]2011-02-04 11:50:09 MST [ISS.0002.0010E] Error querying for user deepwright: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C09062B, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, vece]

The above error seems to be that you’r not a member of any group which defned in the LDAP directory.

“The user should not be the Administrator account, but a user that has permission to query groups and group membership”.

Is It LDAP configured to MWS ,Can you verify it in MWS–>System-Wide–>User Management–>User tab

Regards,
Jeevan_mjk

Hi Deep,

Error:

The above error seems to be that you’r not a member of any group which defned in the LDAP directory.

“The user should not be the Administrator account, but a user that has permission to query groups and group membership”.

Is It LDAP configured to MWS ,Can you verify it in MWS–>System-Wide–>User Management–>User tab

Regards,
Jeevan_mjk

Thanks Jeevan fo your reply, really appreciated!!

I am trying to configure LDAP on IS 8.0 and I am not using MWS. Also the user can get logged in when I tried to set (ADAM)LDAP with subversion. with the parameters given by our LDAP team.

Our ADAM(LDAP) doesnt have any groups information in it.

Now I am getting this error when I am changing my setting to this parameters given below. The error says it requires object name where do I provide that in this LDAP Parameter setting.

Access denied for user deepwright on port 15000 → ‘WmRoot/’ from 11.4.154.15.[37]][36] ‘’[35]2011-02-07 09:25:15 MST [ISS.0002.0010E] Error querying for user deepwright: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-031001AD, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of:

LDAP Directory Settings
Directory URL : ldap://adam.companyname.com:55000
Principal :CN=ApplicationBindAccount,OU=ApplicationEntities,DC=companyname,DC=COM
Credentials : *********
Connection Timeout (seconds): 5
Minimum Connection Pool Size: 0
Maximum Connection Pool Size: 10

Synthesize DN
DN Prefix:
DN Suffix:

Query DN
UID Property:

User Root DN:

Group Member Attribute: member
Group ID Property:CN=ApplicationBindAccount,OU=ApplicationEntities,DC=companyname,DC=COM
Group Root DN:

Thanks,

Deep

Thanks everyone and jeevan for your time.

I figured out the ldap setting for IS 8.0

I did a mistake in settings since my group root dn need to be as shown below and group id as CN only

Group Member Attribute:

Group ID: Property:CN
Group Root DN:DC=companyname,DC=COM

Thanks,
Deep

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.