(working with tamino 4.2.1)
Until now i had a large collection containing 272201 xml docs and a large schema (220 elements and more than 18000 lines when tsd formatted and size of 900 kb) but no index of any kind. As i wanted to exploit text indexes on some of the elements that i want to search, i would have liked to update my schema in adding at least one text index on the element “title” of my schema. But i am facing several problems :
- when trying to open my schema with the schema editor via X-plorer, it freezes (workaround : but works most of the time when opening it directly in the schema editor)
- via the schema editor i add a text index in the title element
- then i ask for “define the schema” and wait for hours (waited 10 at max) but nothing seems to happen and i have to stop all the processes.
Seeing that, i tried to create a new and empty collection, define the schema with the text index (so i avoid the validation with many documents) and then add my documents but it appears i can’t even define such a schema for an empty collection : the schema editor freezes and i don’t know where to look to see if there’s something going on or not.