Large Flat File Parsing using wm61 flat file adapter

When I set the iterator to “true” the output generated by convertToValues service creates a document and not document list. So how do I loop over records. Is this a bug ?

Dummy,

Make sure in your FFSchema the recordDefinition set to “unlimited” and so the corresponding FFDocument is showing as a documentList.
If u set iterator =true then convertToValues output should show the docList based on the FFSchema.This is not a bug its working for everyone.

Check you might be missing some thing by making use of ffIterator,pls read the documentation of convertToValues explained in the FFUserguide.it explained elaborately about using of Iterator object.

HTH,
RMG.

If I do not set the iterator = true, the document created in the pipeline is documentList else it is document.

If the service is creating document list on converToValues, I don’t see any thing wrong in the FF schema.

Dummy,

Check this thread link,hope you will get some idea.
[url=“wmusers.com”]wmusers.com

Note:wm.flatfile:ConvertToValues how to make use of ffIterator/Iterator inputs and looping of large FF:

ffIterator Object (optional) An object that encapsulates and keeps track of the input records
during processing. It is used only when the iterate variable has been set to true.
When all input data has been processed, the object becomes null. When the
ffIterator variable is null, you should exit out of the LOOP to discontinue
processing.

HTH,
RMG.