JSF Web application in MWS

Hi ALL,

Can any one reply me or suggest me , web application which is developed in JSF can be deployed in My webMethods server.

Our java resource has developed web application USING JSF in eclipse and deployed in Jboss application server, i want to know if same webapplication can be deployed into MWS(my webMethods Server).

And also i need what is difference between JSF web application and CAF web application.

How can i recommend CAF web application instead of JSF web application.
in which scenario CAF web application can fit indtead of JSF web application.

Regards,
Anil Kumar Ellendula

A good rule of thumb, is that if you are building CAF applications, deploy them to MWS. If you are building applications with other technologies, deploy them to other runtimes.

The difference between CAF and other JSF implementations is mostly the amount of controls available, and the tooling to create applications with the controls.

Regards,
–mark

Hi Mark,

yes, you right only difference between CAF and JSF is amount of controls.
can you please reply me JSF application can be deployable in MWS.

Regards,
Anil Kumar Ellendula

It probably depends on what version of JSF your app is using. Additionally, there might be conflicts between the implementation of CAF and your app.

Hi,

I did attempt this few months back without any success.

I was asked by support to place the “war” file in MWS\server\default\deploy location post which MwS will extract and deploy them automatically. They however mentioned that there is no gurantee that this will work and there is no official support provided for this.

In my case it was no surprise that it throwed some wierd errors while extracting war which I was not able to troubleshoot. Support also asked me to try deploying my JSF/JSP application in that Apache Server and use MWS at the same time using ajp-connector. This details are stated in 7-1-1_My_webMethods_Server_Administrators_Guide.pdf, page 35.

Regards,
Balachandar

Well I missed noticing your second part of the email…:slight_smile:

The selling point for CAF is mainly due to the tight integration it has with IS. IS flow services can be easily dragged on to your page and you get the basic functionalities implemented without writing any code in your web application.

So the basic guideline for choosing between CAF or JSF is simple…If you have good amount of logic residing in flow services which can be re-used for your web application, CAF “can” be the choice. If there is no IS involved in your web application better develop them using JSF and get them deployed in other web servers.

Also you need to think twice if you are creating new flow services to be used exclusively in your CAF application as IS can often be the bottleneck from performance point of view. We recently had to swtich to pure java/jdbc connectivty (from WS connector) option for our custom reporting application developed in CAF for want of performance.

Hope this gives you some idea.

Regards,
Balachandar

Hi Balachander,

thanks for your valuable reply.u siad you kept war file in MWS\server\default\deploy location , instead of keeping war file directly , did you tried with deploying by publish to MWS.if yes ru facing same wired errors.

Regards,
Anil Kumar Ellendula

I used NetBeans IDE for my web app development and had troubles even opening the project in Designer. Hence I was not able to try publishing it from Designer.

Regards,
Balachandar