JMS destination and jms type headers are null

com.webMethods.rtl.event.RemoteDeliverer.onMessage returns JMSType and JMSDestination as null

JMSMessage class: jms_text
JMSType: null
JMSDeliveryMode: 1
JMSExpiration: 1492018462308
JMSPriority: 0
JMSMessageID: ID:414d5120485a4e5f5141202020202020a09f9858d2dca92c
JMSTimestamp: -623616749937760
JMSCorrelationID: ID:525743494431323136333432323030323837330000000000
JMSDestination: null
JMSReplyTo: null
JMSRedelivered: false
JMSXAppID:
JMSXDeliveryCount: 1
JMSXUserID:
JMS_IBM_Format: MQSTR
JMS_IBM_MQMD_CodedCharSetId: 1208
JMS_IBM_MQMD_Encoding: 546
JMS_IBM_MsgType: 8
JMS_IBM_PutApplType: 0
JMS_IBM_PutDate:
JMS_IBM_PutTime:

As per the JMS Specification they shouldn’t be null.

Hi Surendhar,

Can you explain bit more … like …
What you are trying to do and what you want to achieve and when you are facing this issue ?

Hi Vinay,

I am trying to monitor webMethods with CA APM to identify/troubleshoot the problems. It helps customers to solve the problem in few seconds. When I am receiving JMS message from webMethods as below

import javax.jms.Message;
import javax.jms.MessageListener;

public class MFSMsgListener implements MessageListener {

@Override
public void onMessage(Message arg0) {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub

System.out.println("\\nReceived message:\\n" + arg0);
}

}

JMSType: null
JMSDestination: null

both of above are null from mebthods from com.webMethods.rtl.event.RemoteDeliverer.onMessage class. But as per the java (jms) specification they shouldn’t be null.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks,
Surendhar

Hi Surendhar,

If i understand correctly ,

You are using JMS webMethods Libraries to receive JMS message to other application …
so , here ,hope you have imported all required wM JMS libraries files to respective target application(i.e CA APM).

And, to cross verify whether wM is successfully sending mess or not you can subscribe same message in wM and check. If it successful in wM then their might some problem in your program.

Thanks,
Vinay.

Hi Vinay,

You are using JMS webMethods Libraries to receive JMS message to other application …
so , here ,hope you have imported all required wM JMS libraries files to respective target application(i.e CA APM).

Imported all required wM JMS libraries. Target application is a simple main program as below

import javax.jms.Message;
import javax.jms.MessageListener;

public class MFSMsgListener implements MessageListener {
@Override
public void onMessage(Message arg0) {
System.out.println(“\nReceived message:\n” + arg0);
}
}

Above message response JMSType: null
JMSDestination: null are null.

CA APM used to monitor the webMethods to identify the problems(it instruments java class files), it is not target application.

And, to cross verify whether wM is successfully sending mess or not you can subscribe same message in wM and check. If it successful in wM then their might some problem in your program.

Their is no program error, webMethods is not setting correct jms headers. Can you please run sample client program with MessageListener as explained above.

Thanks,
Surendhar