JDBC ERRORS while connecting to the microsoft sql server

Error encountered

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection after 1 attempt(s).
[ADA.1.205] Cannot retrieve the metadata. "
(HY000/195) [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]‘SCHEMA_NAME’ is not a recognized function name."
[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]‘SCHEMA_NAME’ is not a recognized function name.

Receiving the above error on the webMethods IS 8.2.2.0 ( IS_8.2_SP2_Core_Fix20). Could someone help?

You may have to check the JDBC adapter fix level currently installed. I assume few fixes applied will work only on the supported version of MSQL servers. Kindly review the system requirements guide and fix-read me.

Hi Ruturaj,

please make sure that you use a recent version of the MSSQL JDBC Driver (latest version is 4.2 as version 6 is still in preview state). It can be obtained from MSDN for free without registration.

You should consider to apply JDBC_6.5_Fix53 as well as WAR_8.2_SP2_Fix7 (ART).

Regards,
Holger

Hello Holger,

Just reviewed the JDBC fix and it is the exact version as you indicated.

For the sql server jdbc driver, i see that we have driver sqljdbc4-2.0 at the location IS/lib/jars

Is there any other location to look for the driver?

How could we fix this issue?

what is the version of sqlserver U are trying to connect to?

check the supported databases
http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/adapters_estandards/Adapters/webMethods_Adapters_System_Requirements.pdf