JDBC ErrorART1174008 Adapter Runtime Adapter Service Unable to get connection factory from conne ...

Hi All,

I am getting an error like below.

[ART.117.4037] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service **. Unable to create Input record.
[ART.117.4008] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to get connection factory from connection.

My Settings are:

Transaction Type : LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class : oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
networkProtocol :TCP
Other Properties :driverType=thin

Enable Connection Pooling : True
Minimum Pool Size : 1
Maximum Pool Size : 10
Pool Increment Size : 5
Block Timeout (msec) : 1000
Expire Timeout (msec) : 1000
Startup Retry Count : 1
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) : 10

I appreciate if anybody help me to figure out the cause of the problem and how to resolve it permanently.

Thanks in advance,
Chinnam

Chinnam,

Generally this kind of error occurs when the connection to the resource [i.e database, server etc] is unavailable.

Do you get this error for all your adapter services or just specific ones?

Make sure the JDBC Adapter Connection that you have created is enabled
HTH,

Leon

One more thing to add to Leon’s note: check the timeout settings on the Oracle server. I’ve seen cases where the timeout was as low as 12 minutes and would close the JDBC connection if calls to the DB were longer than 12 minutes. Reloading the package containing the JDBC connection usually re-establishes the connection with no problem.

If this is your problem, I have seen on this site recently a shareware package which keeps the JDBC connections alive and might solve the issue if you can’t up the Oracle timeout length.

hope this helps.

-rob

I am having the problem the below problem
[SIZE=2]
Line in error : abcde_hh.utils:checkFlag
Error dump : [ART.117.4037] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service abcde_hh.adapterServices.noTxn.aro:selectFlag. Unable to create Input record.
[ART.117.4008] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to get connection factory from connection.

The funny thing is it is only happening for specific adapter connections and not all. for example it could be happening to jdbc connection a but does not affect the jdbc connection b so it has a problem selecting from one table but no problem inserting into another table

I dont know where else to look and this is driving me nuts. Anyone who can help?

[/size]

There maybe a possibility that your package got corrupted. Is it possible you can replace the JDBC package from a different server?

HTH,
Leon

I think it could be the datasource class you are using.

Do you have the classes12.zip file in your IS/lib/jar folder?
If so, try using this class

oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource