jdbc error

Hi,

while enabling jdbc connection it is throwing the following error.

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource test.adapters:sample.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection test.adapters:sample: after 1 attempt(s).
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource”.
Login failed for user ‘webm’.

server:sqlserver2005,IS:webmethods7.1.

I have installed sqljdbc.jar(1.1)

any other jars i need to instal?

The problem seems to be the user you’re using can not log in: Login failed for user ‘webm’.

Check whether the username and password are entered correctly.

Kind regards,

Koen

Hi,

With this user & pwd SQL Server 2005 is wrking fine.not only for this user,for other users also it is throwing the error

regards,
geetha

Like Koen mentioned, it doesn’t seem to be an error due to a missing JAR or anything like that. It’s most likely due to misconfiguration or typos. Make sure you’re pointing to the right database server, instance and/or port, and make sure you’re typing the username and password correctly.

• Percio

Hi Geetha,

Where did you place the jar file?
Copy that jar file into the WM->IS->lib->jars Directory and restart the server if the server is running.
Get back to me with your output.

Regards
Pranith

Hi Pranith,

I have placed the jar file in wm->IS->lib->jars and also in the wmjdbcadapter pkg->code->jars.I have restarted the server.Still I am getting the error.

Regards,
Geetha.

Hi Geetha,

Can you post the all parameters you have provided for the adapter connections.

Regards,
Pranith.

Hi pranith,

Please find the details below…
connectiontype:JDBC Adapter connection
Pkg name:test
foldername:sample
transaction type:No_Transaction
Datasource Class:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource
servername:XYZ\SQLExpress
user:webm
Pwd:*******
databaseName=web
portnumber=1433

Regards,
Geetha

check in your database if the portnumber is =1433

Geetha,

Check the JDBC Pool alias definition has been configured with the correct username/password and with a valid DB alias.

try changing the data source class to “com.wm.dd.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver”

Hi Geetha,

I think the problem is with your server name. Try to give correct server name which you can find in the services or you can ask your DB Admin regarding this.

Regards,
Pranith.

Hi Geetha,
Pranith is right, you need to check the servername at “tnsnames.ora” file.
(HOST = ********) , where * is the servername.
Secondly, ensure that the ojdbc14.jar in your path is the one from your oraclehome/jars…

Most important, the package name shoud be one created by using Designer/Developer tool (Refer: page 70 JDBC adapter user guide)

Regards,
Salian