JDBC connection

hi
I am trying to establish a JDBC connection wid sql server 2000 the connection properties are
Connection type:JDBC Adapter Conenction
Package name :ADA
transaction type: NO_TRANSACTION
Datasource class: com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource
Servername:Microsoft-9BBAB7\SQLEXPRESS
user:Aaministrator
Password:******
databasename: master
port number: 4444
network protocol:
other properties:

errors encountered
[ART.118.5042]Adapter runtime connection :unable to enable connection resource
[ART.118.5036]Adapter runtime connection :unable to configure connection manager.
[ART.1.204]can not connect to database wid data source class"com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource" [microsoft][SQLServer2000 Driver forJDBC] Error establishing socket.

I have already copied the classes12.zip n three jar files msbase.jar,msutil.jar,mssqlserver.jar file in the integration server\lib\jars
and I have also unzipped the jar files and checked for the SQLServerDataSource.class file and it is present.

please help me to solve this problem.
thanks

Pls refer this thread:
[URL=“wmusers.com”]wmusers.com

Try using default port:1433,Other Properties:selectMethod=cursor

PS:Once you put the jar files in place restart IS to get into effect.

HTH,
RMG

Use Microsoft-9BBAB7 for ServerName instead of Microsoft-9BBAB7\SQLEXPRESS. Port will be 4444(or the port of Microsoft-9BBAB7\SQLEXPRESS).

I don’t think you should use the Named Instance For Server Name(atleast when using the current microsoft jdbc driver).
Let me know if it helps.

[URL=“http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313225”]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313225[/URL]
"To connect to a named instance through the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC, you must specify the port number that is associated with the named instance, instead of the name of the named instance as shown earlier. "

Why cant you try to put your jar.zip files in the following places.

1. Put your jar.zip file into the webMethods\IntegrationServer4\JDBC \lib then restart and check whether it is working or not if not try 2 step.
  2. Put your jar.zip file into webMethods\IntegrationServer4\JDBC\lib and webMethods\IntegrationServer4\JDBC\bin.

Note: Make sure that ‘Connection type’ has less charactors Ex: give as JDBC instead of JDBC Adopter connection.

I have tried port:1433 n selectMethod=cursor but still same error encountered .
now m refering

[URL=“wmusers.com”]wmusers.com

thanks for yor help

man_rao6

I have already tried Microsoft-9BBAB7 n url for ServerName
but gettin same errors.

thanks for reply , i will let u know more very soon…

thanks again
man_rao6

Try using server IP,make sure DB is up and running as well…Also once you done with the JDBC connection properties changes still it didnt worked then post the connection properties here,we can suggest you if required.

HTH,
RMG

why classes12.zip? … it´s for Oracle!!

Could you post your current parameters. Also make sure there are no hidden spaces.

Try to ping the Sql Server’s Host from the machine on which IS is installed

[strike]
transaction type: NO_TRANSACTION
Datasource class: com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource
Servername:Microsoft-9BBAB7 (Also Try to ping this from the machine on which IS is installed)
user:Aaministrator
Password:******
databasename: master
port number: 4444
network protocol:tcp (Edit: Seems like this is only needed for Oracle OCI, so ignore)
other properties:
[/strike]

ya have done jdbc connection ,:happy:

thanks to all replyers (sekay,rmg,GAshokn vivian).

Glad to know you made it worked…

BTW,Can you post here your resolution part,so it helps users who might ran into the same issue.

HTH,
RMG