JDBC Adpater enable Error in wM 9.9

Hi All,

I am encountering an issue while enabling a jdbc adapter connection in wM 9.9. I get bellow error

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource abc:pqr.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection abc:pqr.: after 1 attempt(s).
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
ORA-28040: No matching authentication protocol

FYI, we are not able to establish connection to Oracle 11g DB from wM9.9 JDBC connections. We have all fixes and jars in place.

Please let me know if any one faced same issue.

Regards
Shafi :slight_smile:

Hi Shafi ,

Which driver Jar file are you using to connect to the Oracle 11g database ?

Hello Mohamad,

Try resetting the Password for DB Schema. if that will not work then please check the “SQLNET.ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION” in sqlnet.ora file.

If it is SQLNET.ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION=11 then provide the connection details as below :

jdbc:wm:oracle://:;SID=WEBM;wireProtocolVersion=11

Thanks,
Yogesh

Thanks for your reply Rakesh, We have all required ojdbc standard jars came with installation and for this connectivity i am using ojdbc7.jar

Yogesh,

let me try the above resolution and hope this works

And Schema password reset cant be done because same db schema is used for some sandbox installation, this reset may affect app servers.

thanks
Shafi

Hi Mohamad,

where to add these type of parameters depend of the database driver being used.

can you share some more details of the connection configuration?

URL provided by Yogesh is for DataDirect Driver bundled with SAG.
When trying to set tehse properties in JDBC Adapter, add them to “Other Properties” field.

Most likely there is a specific login configured on the listener of the database.
Can you elaborate on this with your DBA?

Which version of JDBC Adapter are you on? 6.5 or 9.0?

Regards,
Holger