JDBC adapter database polling example

Hi,
We have a requirement where there is a need to monitor/poll a table for any insert/update. Upon an insert/update of a record in the table, a workflow needs to get executed in webMethods.
I’m new to wm and was trying to find any examples there may be which would demonstrate something similar.
I’m not sure at the moment how to achieve this.
Any help on this topic will help me to a great extent.

Thanks,
Himanshu

Hi Himanshu,

Please read the JDBC documentation. It is clearly explained.

Thanks David…I did look into the documentation and got some good information based on which I was able to configure the polling notification. But I’m getting another error when I try to enable the notification from IS Admin screen:

[ART.116.3038] Adapter Runtime (Notification): Error in Notification Callback:enableCallback notification com/wm/adapter/wmjdbc/notifications/monitors/NotificationMonitor.dbObjectStatus()[Ljava/lang/Boolean; I’m trying to understand it more…I have JDBC Adapter 6.5 with the latest Fix 34.

OK…here is how it fixed my problem.
I had the JDBC Adapter Fix level 34. After speaking to their support, it was realized that the Fix 34 was pulled off by SoftwareAG for the a similar issue that I was facing (Error in Notification Callback:enableCallback notification). So they suggested to put in Fix 33. After uninstalling Fix 34 and installing Fix 33, it resolved my error.
Everything is working as expected now…thanks for showing your interest!

Thanks,
Himanshu