JBOSS Canbt register MBean created from sample

I can create a standalone java class and register it as an MBean.

I can view the sample from the JBoss Samples package in the MBean Manager.

I tried to create another version of the sample that would just execute a ping service on the IS. So basically I just changed the IS path and service that was being invoked in the sample, and recompiled the source files with Eclipse.

My Eclipse project sits in the C:Eclipse\POC directory. I imported the required jar files to Eclipse that were required for the classes to compile.
webm-is-ifc.jar
jboss-jmx.jar
jboss-system.jar
client.jar
jboss-common.jar
log4j.jar

I compiled the classes and put them in the exact same directory structure as that of the sample, and that of the standalone MBean I was able to get registered.

So my question…what’s going on here? Here is the error message indicating that it is finding the directory ok…

2004-10-14 10:21:06 CDT [JBS.0122.0001E] ERROR [MainDeployer] could not create deployment: file:/C:/Program Files/webMethods61/IntegrationServer/packages/WmJBossSamples/deploy/Ping.sar/
2004-10-14 10:21:06 CDT [JBS.0122.0001E] ERROR [ISURLDeploymentScanner] Failed to deploy: org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner$DeployedURL@6a9be7b0{ url=file:/C:/Program Files/webMethods61/IntegrationServer/packages/WmJBossSamples/deploy/Ping.sar/, deployedLastModified=0 }

Lastly, I copied the sample from the deploy folder to my own package deploy folder and it didn’t register that either.

So from the JBoss samples package:

• Can register the sample
  • Can register a standalone
  • Can not register my copy of a sample

From my own package:

• Can not register the sample
  • Can register a standalone
  • Can not register my copy of a sample

I havae same problem adn exact same error on deploying MBean. Here is some test cases I try

I modelled my MBean code exactly after Smaple one and still it does not register cnnot deploy it.

So from the JBoss samples package:

• Can not register a standalone
  • Can register my copy of a sample modified/unmodified

From my own package:

• Can not register a standalone
  • Can register my copy of a sample modified/unmodified

Hi Igor…I still can not register the changed sample. I opened a ticket with webMethods to explain why the sample is non-deployable when simply modifying “sample” to “sample2” (or whatever).

It looks like we have different results, so lets focus on our own package (for a real life scenario).

• Register the sample (yes…I copied the code and the deployment files to my package and was able to register it).

• Register a standalone (I created a very simple class and bean with no data in it and it registered. So I had two seperate .SAR directories within the deploy, one for the sample, and one for the simple bean.)

Register modified copy of a sample modified/unmodified (you said you got this? I still can not. I think this is the most important bean to deploy since it invokes a service and would use in practice).

Feel free to email me to discuss further…
<firstname>J<lastname>@bankone.com

I have resolved my problem with MBean deployment.
The only porblem I had in my case that Implementation class name did not match the first part of Interface name.
If MBean interface name: MyTestMBean - forexample then Implementation class name must be MyTest and no other name.

The otehr point is XML descriptor xxx-service.xml must match that exact name in tag:
<mben code=“wm.com.mbean.MyTest”

and the MBean name part name=“the name string you used in MyTestMBean” as example.

After that was matched Icould deploy my custom MBean in sample package and my own as well.
I only wish thet detail been written somewhere in documents of JBoss or webMethods Jboss.