JBDC Session issue

Hi All,

Recently we had an issue with jdbc adapter. As per connection management settings, pool(session) size is 350.

when the issue occured all seesions(350) are used by application. we though first it was occurred because of load.

But, as per DB team all 350 sessions are went to inactive state after task has been performed and didn’t terminated from application end. So, we got following error continuously in server log.

2015-12-28 14:32:33 GMT [ART.0114.1007E] Adapter Runtime: Error Logged. See Error log for details. Error: [ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-00018: maximum number of sessions exceeded

In order to resolve the issue we have restarted DB. Please check below connection parameters

Enable Connection Pooling true
Minimum Pool Size 0
Maximum Pool Size 350
Pool Increment Size 20
Block Timeout (msec) 1000
Expire Timeout (msec) 1000
Startup Retry Count 0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) 10

and adpater vesrion is 6.5
Updates JDBC_6.5_Fix33
JCA Spec Version 1.0

Could you please advise us why the issue occurred, As per functionality application need to arrest all inactive session when it reached expire time out but it didn’t happen. I’ve checked error logs and apart from above error(after issue started) I didn’t find any other error messages.

Regards,
Satya

Hello Satya,

The issue with DB, Increase oracle DB sessions in command prompt, and restart the db. check the logs.

Hi Pradeep,

issue has been resolved when we restart DB. As i mentioned earlier there is no load on the system when issue is happening and all sessions which are using by JDBC adpater went to inactive state.

As per functionality JDBC adapter need to arrest all inactive session when it reached expire time out but it didn’t happen.

Regards,
Satya

You involve DBA to get more details at DB side. We can’t say issue is from wM all the time.

Thanks,

Hi as173d,

Thank you for suggestion.

I’ve checked with DB team and as they confirmed when the issue is happening most sessions are went to inactive state once they done their work on DB and application(wM/adapter) didn’t terminate them even they are in idle state.

My concern is, is there any option to check from Application end for JDBC adapter logs. I’ve checked all sever logs but didn’t find any thing and also I’ve shared adapter version and last patch we applied.

So, You can pass any ideas for further investigation.

Regards,
Satya

You better do some adjustments in Expiry Timeout parameter, see how system behaves.

Thanks,