I have seen various versions of this problem in other posts, but I am starting a new thread hoping that this is already fixed.
The IS service has an output document with a field constrained by XmlSchema (xsd:date) and this is called via WSC from CAF.
Following behaviours are observed.
- When you run the IS service in Developer the Date returned is “2006-06-18”
- On the CAF screen, the date is displayed as “18/06/2006 00:00:00”
The requirement is to display only the date part as “18/06/2006”
Following approaches were tried.
- Used Formatted Date Converter on CAF control and set value pattern as “dd/MM/yyyy” with Time Displayed set to False and everything else is empty.
Result : No change same date time displayed
- Used all of the Date Formatting, Parsing in Java.
Result : No change, also get Unparseable Date exception.
- Changing the IS service or IS document data type to string and all of that is not an option.
In simple words…
- How do we format the IS returning a date type in CAF using either the converters or Java code?