Java type mismatch; expected java.util.Date, got java.sql.Ti

Hi all,

I am currently using JDBC Adapter and a specific notification service.

The environment is :

JDBC Adapter 6.0.3

Integration Server 6.1 SP1 + Fixes

Oracle 9.2 database with compatible parameter set to 8.1.0

ojdbc14.zip for Oracle driver

At implementation i have no problem to test notification. Once a new line is inserted in my database, the line is triggered and the correct document is published in Broker.

My problem occurs when I deploy my package in delivery IntegrationServer with WmDeployer. Indeed after deployment, insertion of the same line generate following errors :

[ISS.0098.9007] Data does not conform to the Publishable Document Type BscsMVPNP
rovisioning.adapter:insertCmdNotificationPublishDocument errors: INVALID
List of errors:
[0] pathName=/INSERT_DATE errorCode=VV-004 errorMessage=[ISC.0082.9033] Java typ
e mismatch; expected java.util.Date, got java.sql.Timestamp

INSERT_DATE defined at implementation time as java.util.Date switchs after deployment as java.sql.Timestamp.

Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this problem ?

I am using the last oracle driver (downloaded from OTN ojdbc14.zip)

Thanks in advance.

Djibril.

Also the JDBC Adapter Connection properties :

driverType=thin;loginTimeout=60000;connectionProperties={oracle.jdbc.V8Compatible=true}

Hi Djibril,

which version of the driver are you using exactly?

• 9.2.0.5 (latest known for 9i R2)
  • 10.2.0.1 (latest known for 10g R2, but works with 9i R2 as well)

Any FP / Fixes for the JDBC-Adapter?

Which Java Version is your IS running on? ojdbc14.jar is intended only for Java 1.4 and newer, for Java 1.3 you should use classes12.jar instead.

Are the DBs (counts for the tables as well) set up the same on source system and target system?

Are there any changes on the Deployer Map for the connection, which could affect this?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holgen,

Thanks for taking time for my problem.

Here is my environment

Oracle Driver (below Manifest header)
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Specification-Title: “Oracle JDBC driver classes for use with JDK1.4”
Specification-Version: “Oracle JDBC Driver version - 9.0.2.0.0”
Specification-Vendor: “Oracle Corporation” .
Implementation-Title: “ojdbc14.jar”
Implementation-Version: “Oracle JDBC Driver version - 9.0.2.0.0”
Implementation-Vendor: “Oracle Corporation”
Implementation-Time: “Tue Apr 6 01:10:57 2004”

JDBC Adapter 6.0.3 with following fixe JDBC_6-0-3_Fix16
(i also encountered the problem with JDBC Adapter FP1)

JVM 1.4 (webMethods6/jvm/sol142)

The DBs for source and target environment looks like to be similar with compatible oracle parameter set to 8.1.0.

For the deployment we uses customized unix scripts based command line WmDeployer scripts.

Any Idea ?

Thanks in advance.
Djibril.

Hi Djibril,

please try the newest 10g Drivers as they have some performance enhancements and the use of LOB´s in ThinMode is no longer limited.

For JDBC Adapter 6.0.3 FP1 the corresponding Fix will be Fix11 (JDBC_6-0-3_FP1_Fix11 instead of JDBC_6-0-3_Fix16)

JDBC Adapter 6.0.3 FP1 will give you the possibility to use new features in the ART 6.1 like changing the connections of service nodes etc.

Regards,
Holger

Have you set V8Compatible flag on your jdbc connection to be true? Once you do that, Try rebuilding (remove date fields and add them again if nothing else works).