java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc31-0006][SQLServer JDBC Driv

hi,

I am working on Enterprise Server 5.0.1 Environment. I configured 3 adapters(one Logger Adapter and 2 JDBC Adapters) on different SQL Server Database’s on Enterprise Server Machine under a process monitor. I am using “sl53_cj31.jar” in the classpath.

db driver : com.wm.dd.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Db Url : jdbc:merant:sqlserver://:;DatabaseName:;

Logger Adapter is working fine.

the other 2 JDBC Adapters, Configuration finished fine. But, at the time of creating a Configured Operation using Enterprise Integrator, It say’s following error…

"(318) Could not get list of catalogs.

(HY000/0) [wm-cjdbc31-0006][SQLServer JDBC Driver]This driver is locked for use with embedded applications.

java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc31-0006][SQLServer JDBC Driver]This driver is locked for use with embedded applications. java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc31-0006][SQLServer JDBC Driver]This driver is locked for use with embedded applications."

Please help me enbody on this issue.

Thanks,
Sreeni

The Data Direct drivers bundled with the software is licensed for system purposes only (like TN and Logger Adapter). To connect JDBC adapter to SQL Server you can download the drivers from Microsoft or other driver vendors.

Would it be correct to assume that you can’t test the Logger or TN Jdbc TypeIV adapter from the Administration interface Integration Server : Database : Service Generation : Connection Parameters?

Guys:

Any one knows what is causing following error while configuring Workflow in NT.
I have verified everything in SQL2000 DB for permissions. I can connect to this DB
using JDBC in IS.

Error:

java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc31-0006][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user ‘wfuser’.
at com.wm.dd.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.dd.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.dd.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processErrorToken(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.dd.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.dd.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSLoginRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.dd.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReply(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.dd.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplConnection.open(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.dd.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.getNewImplConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.dd.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.open(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.dd.jdbc.base.BaseDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.orm.jdbc.SQLConnectionFactory.getNewConnection(SQLConnectionFactory.java:129)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.orm.jdbc.JDBCConnectionFactory.getNewConnection(JDBCConnectionFactory.java:53)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.orm.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:51)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.orm.jdbc.gen.ORMSetGenerator.generate(ORMSetGenerator.java:42)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.orm.jdbc.gen.base.BaseMappingsGenerator.main(BaseMappingsGenerator.java:548)

Guys,
Depending upon the DB URL you provide, webMethods ignores OR considers the DB Driver you specify. For oracle, if you specify
jdbc:oracle://host:port;sid=dbname
as the DB URL, webMethods will use DataDirect Connect JDBC driver irrespective of what driver YOU specify in the alias and throw the “driver locked for embedded applications” error.
Change the URL AND change the driver for YOUR driver to be picked up. OfCourse, appropriate class file (eg classes12.zip ) should be accessible to webMethods.
RD