Java Serivce Migration from one package to another package

I am trying to move java service to a different package but I am getting error regarding shared source. I have created a new flow service and copied the java code in there but it does not do anything. Can someone tell me best way to move a java service from one package to other?

Hi Meena,

You can move (as you did) the java code from one package to another package. Ignore the error that tells you about the shared code. It worked for me :slight_smile: on wM 7.1.2 and 8.2

If you look at any java service (Eg., javaSvcA, javaSvcB) inside a folder the shared code is common across all the java services in that folder.

After you move the java service from one package to another package (save (which in turn complies)) , try running the java service with required inputs and see whether you have the expected output results.

Also be aware when you use third party jar files, you should place them in the package level after you move the java service from one package to another(IntegrationServer/packages//code/jars) whenever possible. If jar files are missing you will get an error while compilation.

Let me know if you still have questions/issues on this.

For compilation you will need to add the same jar to your workspace as well.
This is unlike developer days where developer used to read from IS loaded place