java.lang. ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException while starting Integration Server

Hi All,

I am getting the following exception while tried to start Integration Server using server.sh command on AIX machine.

[/opt/webMethods65/IntegrationServer/bin] # ./server.sh
com.wm.app.repov4.RepositoryException: [java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:-182032793] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:-182032793
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.RepositoryManager.initIData(RepositoryManager.java:291)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.RepositoryManager.access$000(RepositoryManager.java:32)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.RepositoryManager$3.init(RepositoryManager.java:155)
at com.wm.app.repov4.server.RepoServer.init(RepoServer.java:259)
at com.wm.app.repov4.server.LocalRepoServer.(LocalRepoServer.java:19)
at com.wm.app.repov4.RepoServerFactory.createStdAloneServer(RepoServerFactory.java:40)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.RepositoryManager.initFactory(RepositoryManager.java:160)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.RepositoryManager.init(RepositoryManager.java:139)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.run(Server.java:329)

Plz help me to solve this problem. The java version is JDK 1.4.2

Thanks,
Vasanth.

Hi Vasanthan,

Has anything changed on the server since the last start? Normally these errors are the result of a corrupt WmRepository2 or WmRepository4 folder - maybe due to a bad shutdown of the server?

I’d try backing up the contents of those directories and then removing the contents and restarting.

Phil

Hi,

i haven’t change anything in the configuration side. Is there any workaround for this exception. Plz tell me that.

Thanks,
Vasanth.

Hi Vasanth,

As Phil mentioned, try deleting (take a backup first, in case you need it) the repositories and restarting. It could well be a repository corruption.

Cheers,
Ram Challuri

Hi Ram,

Can you plz tell me under which directory repository will be located. That is what are all the files and directories i have to take backup and i have to remove.

Thanks,
Vasanth.

Hi Vasanth,

Try one at a time. First try the Repository 2, the steps are as follows.

REPOSITORY_2={IS_INSTALL_DIR\WmRepository2}

1. Take a backup of the repository folder {REPOSITORY_2}.
  2. Delete {REPOSITORY_2} folder contents (not the folder itself)
  3. Restart the IS. It will automagically create fresh files in the folder.

Cheers,
Ram