Issues with Subversion

Hi Experts,

I am working on SubVersion in my project and hitting with a different kinds of errors. I followed the steps mentioned in ReadMe.txt which is distributed along with the WmSubversion package.

The complete package folder was checked-into SVN Server and Checkedout.

Versio of WmSubVersion package – 2008-0130-001
IS version - 7.1.2
Fix applied - IS_7-1-1_VCS_Fix1.zip

The following is the error I get when I perform any kind of activity(creating packages,folders, services and even unable to save any changes done) in Developer.

Error Message:

4829547 [HTTP Handler 127.0.0.1] ERROR IS.SERVER.ISC.0077 - Exception → java.util.MissingResourceException:
Can’t find resource for bundle com.webMethods.vcs.resources.VCSExceptionBundle, key CreateProcess: svn lock
E:\webMethods7\IntegrationServer\packages\Testing\ns\Testing\ErrorHandling\ErrTestService\node.ndf
E:\webMethods7\IntegrationServer\packages\Testing\ns\Testing\ErrorHandling\ErrTestService\flow.xml error=2

The following are the errors I could see in stack trace:

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException:
at wm.server.VCS.runIfEnabled(VCS.java:186)
at wm.server.VCS.checkout(VCS.java:129)
at wm.server.nsimpl.lockNode(nsimpl.java:373)
at wm.server.nsimpl.makeNode(nsimpl.java:5299)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:403)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:631)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.util.tspace.ReservationProcessor.process(ReservationProcessor.java:40)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:44)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:241)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:51)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:228)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:30)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:624)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:536)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:381)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:237)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.comm.DefaultServerRequestHandler.handleMessage(DefaultServerRequestHandler.java:119)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPMessageHandler.process(HTTPMessageHandler.java:151)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPDispatch.handleRequest(HTTPDispatch.java:186)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:327)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:118)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

at wm.server.nsimpl.deleteNodes(nsimpl.java:2482)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.util.tspace.ReservationProcessor.process(ReservationProcessor.java:40)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:44)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:241)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:51)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:30)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.comm.DefaultServerRequestHandler.handleMessage(DefaultServerRequestHandler.java:119)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPMessageHandler.process(HTTPMessageHandler.java:151)

at wm.server.nsimpl.unlockNodes(nsimpl.java:338)

Can anyone help me in fixing ths issue.

Thanks,
Anil kumar

Hi,

havent seen those errors myself, but as a hint for further diagnosis what I would check:

• Is WmSubversion properly installed
  • Is the WmVCS package properly configured for pointing to SVN (as in the Readme)
  • Do you have the namespace fix for WmSubversion installed (available on Advantage)
  • is the subversion executable (svn) in the search path of your IS executable (a WmSubversion calls the commandline svn to perform it’s tasks)

Please be aware:

• The 7.x version of WmSubversion seems to be kind of experimental and not supported by SAG.
  • You need to handle files Developer is not aware of (dsp’s, java classes, configurations) yourself from a Subversion client running on the machine the IS is running on, as they are not managed by WmSubversion after their first creation.

Hi mwroblinski,

Thankyou for the response.

1. WmSubVersion is installed correctly. I am able to check-in and check-out from the physical file system correctly. Having problem only when using developer.

2. Performed the activities as per the instructions given in readme file.

3. Copied the namespace jar in updates folder and restarted the IS

4. I am able to see .svn in the files (when releasing the services)

Thanks,
Anil

Hi Anil,

Is the Subversion server installed in a different machine than IS? The reason I’m asking this is that the wmSubversion package doesn’t contain the necessary svn executables to do the svn operation, therefore you will need to install the subversion server in the machine where IS resides even though your repository resides in the Subversion server. This will enable the IS to use the svn executables to do the check-in and check-out operations. Hope this solves your problem.

Thank you.

Regards,
Kuhen

Thanks Kuhen for the Info,its very useful.

Don’t you mean the subversion client tools?

Best Regards

We are also having this problem with the resource bundle error message. Can I get the WmSubversion namespace fix from “Empower”? If so where is it? I am not sure what the difference between “Advantage” and “Empower” is.