Issues with .mem file in UM

Hi Team,

UM is running on Windows 2012 VM with 2Core CPU, have observed .mem file that is continuously growing in the following folder.
location: G:\SAG\UM\server\umserverone\data\namedsubqueues\wm\is\wm\prt\dispatch\ProcessTransition

What is the reason and how to over come this issue as this is occupied more then 15GB.

Regards,
Krish

Any idea on this?

Regards,
krish

Krishna,
what version of UM are you using?
Can you check the realm property Global Values > SharedDurableFilterBound? It should be set to TRUE.

Once you have changed that, you should stop the wM Messaging alias in IS, delete any named objects (durable subscribers) on the wm\is\wm\prt\dispatch\ProcessTransition channel and then reenable the connection. NOTE: Make sure that you don’t have running processes when you do this, as any in-flight process transition documents will be lost!

Hi Jonnathan,

Thanks for your support.

Question1: what version of UM are you using?

[color=brown]Question2: delete any named objects (durable subscribers) on the wm\is\wm\prt\dispatch\ProcessTransition channel " - > Here you mean to delete all .mem files in that particular location?[/color]

Question3:Is there a way to do this without downtime/lost the messages?

Regards,
Krish

Hi Jonnathan,

Any updates on this.

Regards,
krish

Krish,
sorry - I have been traveling. I can provide more details, but it won’t be until later today or tomorrow.

hi Jonathan,

Had a chance to check this?

Regards,
krish

Krish,

No - I don’t mean to delete the .mem file. Go to the channel wm\is\wm\prt\dispatch\ProcessTransition in Enterprise Manager, click the Named Objects tab and then click Get Names.
You will then see the process transition triggers. Select each one and delete it.
As I mentioned, you will need to ensure that you don’t have active messages in these triggers. If you are not sure, then you may be able to inspect process instances afterwards and resubmit any that are stuck due to a transition document being lost in this process.
You could reduce the impact by just disabling the model transition triggers while you do this, instead of disabling the wM Messaging connection alias. You would then reenable them after deleting the named objects and they should then be recreated with the filtering correctly enabled (assuming you have now set sharedDruableFilterbound to true).

Hi jonathan,

Let me try this in my environment and will let you know incase of any concerns,

Yes. I have assigned the value “true” to “sharedDruableFilterbound”.

Thanks for the support.

Regards,
krish