Issues in Queue having Current depth reaching 10000

I do not wish to clear messages from the affected queue but need to monitor that and take corrective action.

Can anyone shed some light on this or point me to an URL which has more detailed suggestions?

Rgds,

Seetesh

You have to write custom code to monitor Queue size.

What is making the queue size to be grown upto 10k? Are there no clients who listens for these messages? If you have Optimize for Infrastructure setup, it is pretty easy to monitor broker queues and give an alert soon after it reaches certain amount. There are Broker API’s which can do the same. You can refer those. But again, when do you expect 10k messages in the queue? During some failures?

-Senthil

Hello Aduri,

I do not want to monitor the Queue Size which I am doing via a shell script but I need to manipulate the message that are there in the Queue.

Rgds,

Seetesh

For the moment, we are using LoadRunner to populate 10k messages to this queue whereas there is a client that listens to these messages but unable to consume them.

As there is not programs involved (Java) that will check the Queue Depth first before posting the messages, I was looking at alternate options of managing the same.

Seetesh