Issue with .net connecting to webservice

Hi all,

We are using webMethods Integration Platform 6.1 and webMethods Developer 6.1.

One of our clients who is using .net, are having problem invoking our webservices. They can successfully connect to our webservices when there is no special ACL is setup for the services.

i.e they have no issues connecting to our web service when the execute ACL of the web service is set to ‘Default’ and in the ‘defaul ACL’, the Anonymous group is not in the denied list.

But we want to setup new ACL for the services they use. When they try to invoke the services with the userid which is a member of new ACL, they get access exception. When we check our session log, we see the below entry

2006-02-23 14:35:40 PST WMSESSION b7e2ec40a4bc11daa050f4914df580abNULL b7e2ec40a4bc11daa050f4914df580ab1140734140676 hostname:9003 1 Default IP 0 0

But when I tried to invoke the same webservice using SoapScope tool, I had no problem and the below entry was seen in the session log.

2006-02-23 14:43:46 PST WMSESSION d9b6c8e0a4bd11daa0cbf4914df580abNULL
d9b6c8e0a4bd11daa0cbf4914df580ab1140734626926 hostname:9003
2 DOTNET_USER IP
0 9578 -----------------------------------------------------------------

This shows that .net was unable to pass the credentials somehow.

When I checked with .net guys, they said they have tried different ways to pass the credentials but nothing worked.

Here is how they tried to pass the credentials…

Case 1:
Me.PreAuthenticate = True

Me.Credentials = New NetworkCredential(“DOTNET_USER”, “PASSWORD”)

Case 2:

Dim _CredCache As New CredentialCache

_CredCache.Add(New Uri(Me.Url), “Basic”, New NetworkCredential(“DOTNET_USER”, “PASSWORD”))

Me.Credentials = _CredCache

Case 3:

Dim _CredCache As New CredentialCache

_CredCache.Add(New Uri(Me.Url), “Digest”, New NetworkCredential(“DOTNET_USER”, “PASSWORD”))

Me.Credentials = _CredCache

Case 4

Me.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials

Is there anybody who faced any issues using .net to invoke the webservice hosted on web methods? I appreciate if you could please share some info with me.

Thanks a lot
Vidya

Vidya-

Read the first page of Chapter 7 of the SOAP Developer’s Guide titled “Authentication by the SOAP Processors”. It describes the behavior of .NET clients and how you must create a specific access-controlled processor to properly authenticate them. I haven’t worked with this personally, but it seems like a good place to start.

HTH,
Fred