Issue while triggering BPM process

Hi Team,

I have created a BPM process with JMS message start event using alias as “A” and deployed the process for execution.
Post build and upload, i have changed the JMS alias in subscription and transition triggers as “B”.

Now when i sent a doc to subscription queue, the msg is being published but the process is failing saying no publish permission to for"B" alias to send msg to transition queue.

This error is continuous and i have to manually stop the process to kill it. Else it is running on infinite loop.

Can you please help to resolve it.

Regards,
Jacob

Hi Jacob,

please provide your current wM version.
Which Messaging component do you use? Broker or UM?

Where did you change the JMS alias?
In Designer?
Did you have rebuild and uploaded the process after changig the jms alias?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

please provide your current wM version. - 10.3
Which Messaging component do you use? Broker or UM? - Broker

Where did you change the JMS alias? - JMS alias is changed in subscription and transition triggers using designer
In Designer?
Did you have rebuild and uploaded the process after changig the jms alias ? - there is not change in BPM process.

Process is build and uploaded with JMS “A”

In the generated triggers changed the JMS to “B” manually in designer and enabled them.

Subscription trigger picked the msg but unable to send to transition trigger since it is always using PE_TRANSATIONAL_ALIAS instead of my used defined alias.

Hi Jacob,

I believe you need to re-build and upload the process from the Process Development perspective as you are changing the configuration of the process step to use different JMS connection alias i.e. from A to B.

If you don’t want to rebuild it then you need to be changing the values within A on IS rather than changing the subscription trigger manually.

Regards,
Firoz N

Hi Firoz,

Tried by changing the JMS alias in process as “B” and build and uploaded again.

Still default jms alias i.e., PE_TRANSACTIONAL_ALIAS is used for sending msg to transition queue instead of given “B”

Is there a way to tell IS to take different JMS alias than PE_TRANSATIONAL_ALIAS during BPM process

Hi Jacob,

as we do not use JMS messages in our BPM I cannot tell much about that.
We are still using native pub/sub with Broker currently in 9.12.

Did you check the Administering Process Engine Guide if there is additional information?
I just checked a 9.5 version of this guide and it mentions that custom aliases can only be used for the subscription trigger, but not for the transition trigger.

I have never heard of PE_TRANSACTIONAL_ALIAS, only of PE_NONTRANSACTIONAL_ALIAS.
The reason for using the PE_NONTRANSACTIONAL_ALIAS seems to be somewhat technical when jms messages are involved in BPMs.

Despite that, I do not get the use case behind that what you are trying.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Apologies, yes it is PE_NONTRANSACTIONAL_ALIAS.

We are migrating BPM processes from 9.5 to 10.3 wherein 9.5 they have used custom jms alias for both subscription and transition triggers. We are trying to enable the same.

Can you share the document name where you mentioned only subscription triggers can use custom aliases.

Regards,
Jacob

Hi Jacob,

9-5-SP1_Administering_Process_Engine.pdf, which I have found in my old Designer 9.5 installation directory.
When searching in Empower or in the Documentation section of the community you will find a more recent version for 10.3.

It does not explicitly say, that this is not possible, but it is only talking about subscription triggers at this point.

Regards,
Holger

Thank you Holger :slight_smile:

Transition Triggers only use PE_NONTRANSACTIONAL_ALIAS. This has been confirmed in BPM Development Guide_10.3.

Regards,
Jacob

2 Likes