IS6developed Adapter problem

Hi…

I’ve developed an adapter under IS6 using polling notification to read data from the source system. Only one connection to the source can be made, so I have Connection Pooling enabled, but the Min and Max Pool Size set to 1 (this is the only way I could get the adapter to function correctly). All is great with this setup and the adapter runs perfectly…

…apart from, once in a while when restarting IS6, and with Delevoper running, I get the following error:

>>>BasicData:message=null,date=Tue May 06 15:56:28 BST 2003,reason=The pool doesn’t have a connection available for the request.,exceptionClass=javax.resource.spi.ResourceAllocationException,stack=javax.resource.spi.ResourceAllocationException: The pool doesn’t have a connection available for the request.
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.jca.WmConnectionPool.getAvailConnection(WmConnectionPool.java:589)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.jca.WmConnectionPool.getConnection(WmConnectionPool.java:431)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.jca.WmConnectionManager.allocateManagedConnection(WmConnectionManager.java:328)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.jca.WmConnectionManager.allocateConnection(WmConnectionManager.java:268)
at com.wm.adk.cci.connection.WmConnectionFactory.getConnection(WmConnectionFactory.java:142)
at com.wm.adk.cci.connection.WmConnectionFactory.getConnection(WmConnectionFactory.java:134)
at com.wm.pkg.art.ns.ConnectionResource.createConnection(ConnectionResource.java:165)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmNotification.notifyEvent(WmNotification.java:679)
at com.wm.pkg.art.scheduler.NotificationData.setEnabled(NotificationData.java:189)
at com.wm.pkg.art.scheduler.NotificationScheduler.removeFromList(NotificationScheduler.java:111)
at com.wm.pkg.art.scheduler.NotificationScheduler.remove(NotificationScheduler.java:94)
at com.wm.pkg.art.scheduler.NotificationScheduler.unregister(NotificationScheduler.java:73)
at com.wm.pkg.art.ns.NotificationManager.unregister(NotificationManager.java:169)
at com.wm.pkg.art.ns.NotificationNode.unregister(NotificationNode.java:350)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.PackageManager.unregisterPackageNodes(PackageManager.java:3547)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.PackageManager.runShutdownServices(PackageManager.java:3516)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.shutdownSequence(Server.java:398)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Shutdown.run(Server.java:1484)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:105)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
,er

I can’t nail down exactly when it happens, but it seems to be when Developer tried to restore its connection to IS when one of my configured adapter notifications has been previuosly selected/highlighted before IS is restarted. If it does happen, Developer will not let me examine the adapter notifications without restoring its connection to IS again, and even then only after a polling notification has actually fired.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any ideas?

Thanks…