IS wont Start

Hello Team,

I have installed webMethods 7.1 in our server. But when I tried to start IS, I am getting the error below:

2010-03-24 16:00:17 PHT [ISS.0025.0001C] Integration Server 7.1.2.0 Build 124
2010-03-24 16:00:17 PHT [ISS.0025.0006I] License Manager started
2010-03-24 16:00:17 PHT [ISS.0025.0041I] FIPS mode not initialized
2010-03-24 16:00:17 PHT [ISS.0014.0054C] Error occurred while initializing server: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance(DashoA12275) at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance(DashoA12275) at com.entrust.toolkit.security.provider.Initializer.assertVeryStrongCryptoAllowed(Unknown Source) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.run(Server.java:332)

Kindly help me resolve this issue. Thanks

Hi Manuel,

May I check with you the following in order to further analyse the problem?

1. Is this a new installation?
  2. Has this ever worked before. If so, what has been changed recently.
  3. What OS is the IS running on?
  4. What Java version are you using? You may open up the server.bat file and look for SET JAVA_DIR to determine which java it is using.

Thanks,
Sean

Hi Manuel,

Just some additional information, I’ve seen similar issue raised before and the following steps fixed the issue. This could be due to the unlimited jce policy file, the following steps were executed to resolve the issue. Please try and let me know the result:

================

Possible solution:

1. Suppose you’re using jdk15. Go to: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp

2. Go to the Other Downloads section and click on download link next to “Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 5.0”

3. Download jce_policy-1_5_0.zip and extract it in to a directory.

4. You’ll find local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar files there in the extracted directory. Copy these two files to $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security directory. (These files will already be there and you may replace them).
    ================

Thanks,
Sean

Hello Sean,

Thanks for your help… I tried it but Im still getting the same issue.

This is a new install on a zoned Sun OS server. I am using JDK 15. I can successfully install IS but when I try to start it, this error comes out.

Thanks,
Manuel

Hi Manuel,

Could you open up the server.bat file and check if the following line is pointing to this java directory?

SET JAVA_DIR=d:<webMethods_directory>\jvm\win150\jre

Fyi, the folder win150 might have a different name depending on what OS the WM is installed on.

Thanks,
Sean Chew

Hello Sean,

Thanks. We manage to make it work.

We have edited sunpkcs11-solaris.cfg in jre/lib/security directory to remove $ISA from library path and then it works.

Best Regards,

Manuel