IS Upgrade from 46 to 61

Our company is looking to upgrade IS from version 4.6 to 6.1. We’re using AIX accessing Oracle. Our applications are developed mostly in Flow Services, very little Java services.
I am hoping to hear from everyone who has done this before and share their experiences.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Patrick Chung,
Upgrading IS from v4.6 to v6.1 is quite easy. I assume you have no ES component involved in the upgrade as per your post.

Just go through the release notes for all the changes between the two versions. Some of the built in java svcs have been deprecated in v6.x.

Also, there are major changes in developer functionality in v6.x; Again going through the Release Notes will help you.

Also, search thru wMUsers and you will see tons of information on the upgrade.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to let us know about it.

All in all, have the 6.x env set up and move the packages from v4.6 to v6; QA and make amendments if deemed necessary. (and go through v6 documentation)

Best of Luck.

• Saurabh.

We recently upgraded from 4.6 to 6.1 but it was not smooth. Other projects rolled into this upgrade such as installing new hardware and migrating our EDI processing from Gentran on the mainframe to webMethods. Be sure to test with your external partners, at least for your most critical processes.

We recently tried to upgrade from 4.6 to 6.0.1 but it was not easy and not smooth. The template migration failed drastically, we applied all the patches/fixes (for 6.0.1) available but it still fails…

if your work contains flow service only it could be relatively easier.

Hi

We are planned to migrate from 4.6 to 6.
I need to know the process for migration of
Routing rules
Client certs
C1OnRamp

Thanks
kumar