IS Shutsdown automatically

Hi,

Sometimes my wM IS shuts down without any apparent reason. It will be up for a few days at a time but then just shuts down. The LOCKFILE also doesn’t exist, which tells me that its shutting itself down.

Has anyone else encountered this? We’re running webMethods 7.1.2.

Thanks.

You should share us the log whenever it goes down… There would be entries… Is it running in linux environment? If you kill the process id using kill command, you will not see any messages in logs and LOCKFILE will still exist…

-senthil

It went down yesterday. I’ve checked the logs and doesn’t tell much. The server went down around 09:45. There’re no entries from the morning until the server was restarted at 09:50.

2014-01-20 07:36:57 CAT [ISC.0088.0001E] SOAPException: [ISS.0088.9112] An Exception was thrown in the server:null
2014-01-20 09:50:10 CAT [ISS.0025.0001C] Integration Server 7.1.2.0 Build 112
2014-01-20 09:50:17 CAT [CommonLib.MWS.0002I] Loading phase: [phaseID, phaseName] [miePhaseTwo, miePhaseTwo]

The OS is Windows Server 2008. The LOCKFILE does not exist when the server goes down. So I don’t believe the KILL command is used.

What you can do is…try this

Before you restart IS again backup and delete all the files in the IS/WmRepository4 and then restart the IS and see how it boots up.

HTH,
RMG

Ok, will try that. Thanks.

Can you tell me what do these files contain?

Hi,

Unfortunately that didn’t work. The server was up for about a week and then shut down automatically yesterday. i brought it up again but i noticed that all scheduled services on this server gets to zero and doesn’t execute.

Coincidentally, there is a web service with high data traffic connecting to this server. Could that be the reason of the shutdowns?

Please try to increase the DB max connections if that have low number and also throttle Resource thread settings for optimization…you may need to tune a little bit on the above settings and restart the IS.

HTH,
RMG