IS Service Client . java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot veri

Hello,
I am developing an EJB on WL 6.1SP6 on WinNT 4.0 SP6.

When invoking the IS service using the IS Client API, I get the following exception

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot verify JCE extension: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.crypto.Cipher

stack trace:
Application fault:
java.rmi.RemoteException: EJB Exception: ; nested exception is:
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot verify JCE extension: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.crypto.Cipher
at com.entrust.toolkit.security.provider.JCEVerifierImpl.verifyJCEJar(Unknown Source)
at com.entrust.toolkit.security.provider.Entrust.(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.app.b2b.client.BaseContext.(BaseContext.java:109)
at …

I have placed the jce 1.2.2 libraries in the ext folder of the JRE used by WL6.1(JRE 1.3.1_09) from Sun website and am using the classic VM to start the weblogic app server.

Can somebody throw light on this error?

regards,
Jagdish

Although not in the same capacity, I have gotten the the same error message. Since I am not familar with what you are doing, I can tell you two things that were the roor of my error that you can try.

#1) You might want to try deleting (renaming) the jre/lib/JCE.jar file, or
#2) Add the jre/lib/JCE.jar file to the classpath.

I know thats not much information, but it might lead you in the right direction.

Hi,

Which version of JVM are you running?

As far as I know if you are using JVM 1.4.2_04 for hosting IS 6.0.1 then you need to rename of remove jce.jar (under your {JVM 1.4.2_04}/jre/lib folder) from the IS jvm path. For IS 6.1 you don’t need to do this.

Now, where do you see this exception getting generated (Integration Server logs or the WL Server logs)?

Cheers.

Ok, maybe we’re not getting your environment straight. WL 6.1 SP6? Is that webLogic or a typo for WM?

Please verify the details about your scenario/installation:
IS this an external java client, or are you developing in WM flow?
IS 6.0.1 or 6.1?
Are multiple IS instances running on this server?
Is the IS running on it’s own JVM or a shared one? (Look at server.sh)
JVM version used by WM?
Are you sharing the Java instance with other apps?
Is this machine dedicated to webMethods or are other apps running on it?

The problem is that the jce.jar shipped with WM doesn’t work well with the IS. It’s something about signed cryptographic libraries. That’s fully documented in the WM readmes.

Hi
We ar usign IBMDK 1.4.1 for one of our application. We are using 6.0.1 IS.
I changed server.bat file accroding to that, but when i start IS ,i get the following

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Scheduler.init(Scheduler.java:33)

at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.run(Server.java:179)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot verify
JCE extension: java.lang.C
lassNotFoundException: javax.crypto.Cipher

at com.entrust.toolkit.security.provider.JCEVerifierImpl.verifyJCEJar(Un
known Source)
at com.entrust.toolkit.security.provider.Entrust.(Unknown
Source)
at at com.wm.util.coder.Coder.(Coder.java:37).null(Unknown
Source)
… 2 more

try blowing away the jce.jar stuff from the jvm… There’s one that comes with the IS…
Or do a search in the release notes for “jce.jar” and it’ll talk about the procedure

Check out:
http://advantage.webmethods.com/article/?id=1611541257

I think this will solve your problem…

and perhaps also":
http://advantage.webmethods.com/article/?id=SR-1-57439665
http://advantage.webmethods.com/article/?id=SR-1-58260437

regards,
Nathan Lee

The source of the problem is the Java >= 1.4.x comes with JCE implementation that requires signed crypo jars (Java < 1.4 did not require signed jars). IS 6.0.1 shipped with 3rd party crypto jars from Entrust that were not signed (they were bundled into client.jar). In order to support these crypto jars that JVM jce.jar must be removed as described in the Advantage articles.

IS >= 6.1 comes with signed Entrust jars.

HTH,
Fred