IS configuration with SVN as VCS - issues

Hi all,

we are currently configuring Integration Server and Designer to work with SVN.
We did already the following steps:

• setting SVN as VCS in IS admin console (the operation is done successfully)
  • importing and checkout of the “packages” folder and setting some properties in vcs.cnf configuration file as described in the read.me file in WmSubversion package
  • setting “trace” level for VCS logger

The problem is that it looks like webMethods cannot import new resources.

For example, if I try to create a new package, I get the following error:

[VCS.0132.0002T] stderr: [svn: E200009: Commit fallito (seguono dettagli):, svn: E200009: ‘C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\packages\nuovopkg\manifest.v3’ non è sotto controllo di versione]

The error description is in italian, so I will explain that here: commit operation didn’t work because “manifest.v3” created in the new package “nuovopkg” is not under version control.

Moreover, if I try to create a new folder in an existing package I get the following error:

[VCS.0132.0001E] ERROR: message: [ISS.0132.9117] error running command [svn, lock, --username, lucac, --password, ********]; exit value: 1; output: [svn: E155010: The node ‘C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\packages\provaLC\ns\provaLC\provaSVN\node.idf’ was not found.]
[VCS.0132.0001E] ERROR: message: [ISS.0132.9117] error running command [svn, commit, --username, lucac, --password, ********, -m, Checked in by lucac on 10.28.96.171 at 2013-02-14 15:50:31 CET

Here the commit operation failed because “node.idf” was not found.
Do you have any idea to fix these issues?
If you need other info about the current configuration just ask.

Thanks in advance

Hi,
we have the same problem…
So far we found out that the newly created folders are actually created and we have a workaround:

1. find the new folder/service at filesystem
  2. manually add it into subversion (we use tortoiseSVN - right click the folder and choose TortoiseSVN>Add…, then Click OK)
  3. commit change to SVN (right click the folder and then SVN Commit…)

After that it is possible to check in/out the folder/service in developer/designer.

But I would also like to know how to fix it, so that we don’t need to use this workaround anymore.

Hi graver,

thanks for your answer. I forgot to mention the software version we are currently using (8.2 SP2).
Are you using the same version? Next week we’ll meet a person from SoftwareAG and we’ll ask if there are some news about these issues.

Hi ninja,

yes, we use the same version or better said, we are migrating to tat version.
Please let me know if the person from SAG will have some news about the issue.

Thanks.

Hi graver,

another question please: did u configure SVN to exclude some kind of files (.IDF, .BAK) from version control? I’m thinking about this solution to fix the second issue i reported in my first post (svn error during the creation of a new folder inside a package because “node.idf is not found”).
Thanks

Hi,
I tried that right now, but no success :frowning:

This thread underscores additional reasons why the integrated version control feature is to be avoided. :frowning:

very well true:)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.