IS 4.6 to 6.5 migration: full java compile?

Hi all,

We are starting un upgrade from 4.6 to 6.5, that includes lots of java service also. One way to be sure all java services are compiled correctly is to open in develoer each service and save to force compilation. Doing this for each java service over 50 packages will be very time consuming job.

I was wondering if you can advice about steps / procedure to recompile all java services in packages using IS 6.5 JRE (1.4.2 if i’m not wrong) by running a batch javac on IntegrationServer6/packages *.java

It’s this possible?

thx

Review the Developer User’s Guide for information about the jcode utility.

The jcode.bat or jcode.sh utility can do this for you. See the IS Developer’s Guide for details.

The command would be:

jcode makeall [I]Package[/i]

Mark

I’ve migrated from 4.6 to 6.5 last July, and I didnt need to recompile java code: are you changing JVM version during migration or do you have other requests to recompile all java source?

Sandro

Hi Sandro,

thank you all for taking the time to respond.

We are using the IS’s default JRE, that would be a different version from IS 4.6.

Someone in our team raised concerns about java services and proposed to recompile all just to be sure.

I think jcode is very usefull to do this.

I still have one question:

I already try jcode makeall. Works fine, but I’ve got following warning:

Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.

Is there a way to call jcode with -deprecation option?

thank you

According to the docs, jcode uses the watt.server.compile property in server.cnf (accessible via Administrator’s Settings → Extended menu). You could probably add the -deprecation flag there.

Mark

Hi Mark

this is are my settings:

watt.server.compile=javac -deprecation -classpath {0} -d {1} {2}
watt.server.compile.readFromStdErr=true
watt.server.compile.unicode=javac -encoding Unicode -classpath {0} -d {1} {2}

However jcode will print following command line:

javac -encoding ISO8859-1 -classpath /app/wemif6/webmethods65/IntegrationServer/lib/mail.jar

no deprecation

I will open a SR to WM and let you know what are they answering.

Thank you all

Sorin

Try adding the “-deprecation” flag to the watt.server.compile.unicode property as well.

Mark