Intermediate Catching Message Event is the first step when a Bpm starts

Hi,

Instead of the start message event step, i can see Intermediate Catching Message Event is the first step when the Bpm starts which will be in waiting state. And the second step will be the start message event. So i can see 2 time the intermediate message event in waiting state. So once the subscribing document is received, first waiting intermediate message event gets resumed and this is in turn making the bpm to start from the first step again.

Could anyone let me in know what i might be missing or doing wrong here.

Thanks

Hi,

Please note that only a start message event can start a process instance. Intermediate message event can only join a running instance if the correlation id matched. But in order for the intermediate message event step to complete, the transition from its preceding step should also have arrived apart from the document it subscribes. Till such time, the step will be in waiting status. In any case, the steps will only be executed once. Also, both these steps should subscribe to different documents.

Thanks

Hi,

Addendum

Also, both these steps should subscribe to different documents.

Or at least should have different subscription filters when using the same document type.

Regards,
Holger

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.