Integration Agent

Hi All,

I have few queries on Integration Agent and any pointers will be helpful.

1. I want to know if there is a feature of connecting to external Database using Integration Agent.
  2. Can we Connect UM with Integration Agent.
  3. What kind of services Integration Agent can host? (JBDC Adapters/Rest Services and etc)
  4. Why Integration Agent is not being offered with the trial version of 30days?

I have gone through Admin Guide but there is no Developers guide for same.

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

Integration Agent is nothing but a trimmed down version of Integration Server.

Hi Mangat,

Yes, Have seen the documentation and I feel that it has embedded database and doesn’t support JDBC.

The reason for posting question is SAG is not providing trail version of Integration Agent and I can’t check its functionality and what all things are there.
I fell that it doesn’t support JDBC adapters and thereby no support for Adapter services.

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

I don’t see any issue. you should be able to install JDBC adapter on Integration agent. Installer may not allow you to install jdbc adapter in Agent but copying JDBCAdapter package to agent directory should work.

Yes, as per the documentation installer will not be providing any thing and even JDBC pools are not present because of which i am ambiguous.

I hope it does support JDBC adapter. But unless i see a practical example i can’t confirm the same. :slight_smile:

Did you get a chance to work on Integration Agent ?

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

Hi,

Adapters should be possible when Integration Agent has WmART package available.

Under Settings there should be an entry for JDBC Pools.
When DataDirect Driver is available it should be possible to connect to supported databases.

Regards,
Holger