Installation Error in 7.1

Hello everybody…
I wanted to ask, that anybody was able to solve the original error of…
wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]Connection refused, (DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=169869568)(ERR=12516)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12516)(EMFI=4)))) ???

My problem is…
Oracle XE is installed in the system, and it is getting connected absolutely fine…
but when I try to connect to some other DB, means DB in some other machine, so this error is thrown. I am also able to access the HTTP remote client of that DB.

I am exercising the concept for cluster, where everything is done one single DB.
Please help me with this…

Regards,
Suvigya.

As devexpert pointed out Error 12516 indicates that TNS:listener could not find available handler with matching protocol stack.

Check if the DB is up and running. If its not running try the following to fix it.

1.) As a Fix increase the value for PROCESSES in the init.ora file of the instance.

2.) You can have static registration for this instance by having a SID_LIST in the listener.ora file in addition to the automatic instance registration.

I would recommend you to implement both the above action points so that this issue will not recur.

Default location of the file is:
Linux: <ORACLE_HOME>/dbs/init.ora
Windows: <ORACLE_HOME>\database\init.ora

Hope this helps.

-Kishore

Check if there is a firewall blocking the connection between database hosted server and Integration Server

-Senthil

Hello to all, of this thread…

I want to say that, this problem can be solved. We have to make changes in the DB. Though firewall can also create problems, but in my case, I had added in the exeption.

We need to increase the number of sessions and processes, from sqlplus,
like…

show parameters session (this will show no. of sessions)
alter system set sessions= scope=spfile; (this will increase the number of sessions.)

by doing this, more number of clustering users can connect and irradicate the problem.

Comments are welcomed.

Regards.