Input parameters do not conform to targetInputSignature

Hi,

I am using webmethods6.5. I have created a web service (using WSDL (RPC)) which takes few fields as input. Some fields are mandatory and some optional.

Some of the input fields are of type = string and content type = date (and also integer).

In wsdl the fields are of type:

type=“xsd:date”
type=“xsd:integer”
type=“xsd:string”

Now When I execute the WebService, I am get the following errors, even if i set all the fields:(I am pasting only few errors as there are similar errors generated)

Could not run ‘invokeBillingService’.

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ISS.0088.9138] Input parameters do not conform to targetInputSignature:
errorCode=DT-001
pathName=/COLTOMToBilling.ohp.doc:billingAccountCBE_request/cbe:Order/createdOn
errorMessage=[ISC.0082.9447] Value does not conform to datatype
errorCode=DT-001
pathName=/COLTOMToBilling.ohp.doc:billingAccountCBE_request/cbe:Order/submittedOn
errorCode=DT-001
pathName=/COLTOMToBilling.ohp.doc:billingAccountCBE_request/cbe:Order/contract/contractTerm
errorCode=DT-001

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks & Regards
Prabhu Kanthi

1. For interoperability reasons, don’t use SOAP RPC also known as RPC / Encoded. Lots of posts here about that.
  2. Uncheck the “validate input” in the input / output tab of your Flow service.
  3. Don’t use xsd:date as the constraining pattern, use xsd:datetime instead. Better yet, use all strings.
  4. If you send values that match the datatype constraints (e.g. send a date that does not contain a time), you will be able to consume the SOAP RPC web service even with the constraints set as they are presently and with validate inputs checked.

HTH,

Mark

Thanks a lot Mark!

Regards
Prabhu kanthi

Hello,

I am working in wM 6.5. I have created a webservice for which the input / output is specified by pub.soap.utils:requestResponseSpec.

My questions.

1. Is it possible to send the soap data from the calling IS after validating the values against a schema and then convert it into SOAPdata and call webservice? In the receiving end I will validate the SOAP against the same schema. Is this okay?
  2. When I am calling the webservice I receive the following error.
    [ISS.0088.9138] Input parameters do not conform to targetInputSignature:
    errorCode=VV-005
    pathName=/address
    errorMessage=[ISC.0082.9034] Field is absent, field must exist

thanks in advance for the help.

Tharani

Hi Tharani,

No harm in doing it but the real question is, is it really necessary to validate at both the ends just before the call and just after receiving the request where the data is only in transit. I’m not sure too, may be we will wait for some one to throw some light on this.

To figure this issue out I would suggest you to save the pipeline in ur web service and compare the request received vs. the IS request doc/schema that you used while generating the WSDL and see whether all the fields are coming thru in the expected structure. Looks like the address field is gone missing.

Hope this helps.

I tried to post accounts data to Siebel. I got below error:

[ISS.0088.9138] Input parameters do not conform to targetInputSignature:
errorCode=VV-005
pathName=/tns:AccountUpsert_Input/xsdLocal1:ListOfMylAccountinterfaceIo/xsdLocal1:Account[0]/xsdLocal1:ListOfAccount_BusinessAddress/xsdLocal1:Account_BusinessAddress[0]/xsdLocal1:City

errorCode=VV-005
   pathName=/tns:AccountUpsert_Input/xsdLocal1:ListOfMylAccountinterfaceIo/xsdLocal1:Account[0]/xsdLocal1:ListOfAccount_BusinessAddress/xsdLocal1:Account_BusinessAddress[0]/xsdLocal1:AddressName

Pass the required inputs as mentioned in the error to make it work. For me its a input validation error.