inoload using multiple files as input

How many files can inoload handle? I’m trying the following command:

inoload -function load -database EAD_TEST -collection FindingAids/ead -input FindingAids/#doc1*.xml -verbose

9 files load, and the 10th file receives:
<ino:message ino:returnvalue=“8599” ino:documentnumber=“10”><ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXME8599”>Internal error</ino:messagetext></ino:message>
<ino:message ino:returnvalue=“0”>

This file will load successfully if it is the only input.

What is the recommended way of doing mass loads? Running inoload with one file at a time is too slow for my purposes.

Hello,

Well, I never tried using “inoload” for loading individual files using wild cards. So I don’t know the correct answer to your question - the max limit on the number of individual files to be loaded. I use “input format” mentioned in the documentation for Tamino Data Loader. There is no limit on the number of documents that way and it is efficient!

Basically, you create a single large document containing all the documents to be loaded as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ino:request xmlns:ino=“http://namespaces.softwareag.com/tamino/response2”>
<ino:object [ino:docname=“docname”] [ino:id=“id”] >

</ino:object >
<ino:object [ino:docname=“docname”] [ino:id=“id”] >

</ino:object >

</ino:request>

All the best,
Gopal.

Hello Julia,

In general, there are no internal limits, i.e. you can load as many files as admitted by the operating system.

However, you should take into account that in current releases there is unfortunately a bug in one of the new communication methods used by the Data Loader. Therefore you should try to load the documents with the ?server instead using the ?database parameter.

Best Regards,
Reiner