Incompatibility with Tomcat 4.1.27 ?

X-Application Version: 4.1.1.4
Tamino Version : 4.1.4.1
Platform : Win2kPro
WebContainer : Tomcat 4.1.27
JDK Version : 1.4.1_03

Hi everyone

I succefully installed X-Application over Tomcat 4.1.27 but each time I try to run one of the provided webapp examples I get the following message:
HTTP Status 500 -
type Exception report
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: internal error

To find where the problem may come from, I have tried to comment the line “<%@ taglib uri=“404” prefix=“xapp” %>” in the hello.jsp file.
After that the JSP page works but without the xml document retrieve from Tamino, of course.

Is there a incompatibilty between the X-application taglibrary and Tomcat 4.1.27 or more precisely jasper 2.0 ?

Regards,

Ludovic

[This message was edited by Ludovic Sauvourel on 25 Sep 2003 at 16:37.]

Hi Ludovic,

Currently X-Application runs with Tomcat 4.1.18 as default.

If you want to use X-Application with Tomcat higher than 4.1.18 then please refer to the following topic, where my colleague is describing a possible solution:

http://tamino.forums.softwareag.com/viewtopic.php?p=14096

Bye
Thorsten

Hi thorsten,

Thank you for this information. I think i will use tomcat 4.1.18 instead of the 4.1.27 version.

Besides that, the documentation of X-Application should be modify to explain this particular problem.
The documentation still mentions that the Tomcat version should be 4.1.18 or a later one.

Regards

Ludovic

Hi Ludovic,

thank you for your hint and for your proposal.

Bye
Thorsten