Import JSP to MWS

Hi,
I’ve one application that is completely built on JSP.
What i’m looking for is there any way i can import some of my JSP pages onto MWS and make them work in CAF.

Re-building these pages in CAF will take a lot of time, so i want to re-use the JSP pages.

Regards,
Sravan

Legacy portlets use JSP by default, so you could create some of these portlets and add your custom jsps to those portlets. By default, these legacy tools are hidden, so in order to use them you must enable them with Window → Preferences → General → Capabilities → Advanced → Development → MwS Legacy Portlets.

Regards,
–mark

Thanks Mark!
Do we have any documentation on how to create and deploy these MWS legacy portlets?

Thanks,
Sravan

Have a look at the Portal Designer (MWS 6) documentation on Empower.

Regards,
–mark

I could not find Portal Designer (MWS 6) but i found guides for MWS 6.5. I hope you’re referring to the same.

Thanks for the help!
Sravan

Yes, that’s correct.

I went through the Portal Designer Guide 6.5 but i did not find how to existing JSP’s to CAF. But they’re talking about how to re-create the JSP page in portlets.

That’s correct. Legacy portlets work entirely with JSPs, so if you want to use JSPs, i’d recommend placing them in legacy portlets. Then you can use Portlet includes if necessary from your CAF portlets.

FYI: You can use JSPs in the standards based JSR-168 portlets as well. It may be easier to find documentation for that.

See the jsr168/wm_helloworld project from [1] for an example of a portlet that renders the user interface using jsp pages.

1. http://communities.softwareag.com/ecosystem/communities/public/Developer/webmethods/codesamples/portlet_applications.html