Implementing an Asset Selector in Web Plugin Application Subgroup Selection

Hi,

I have implemented an asset selector in my web plugin application, and I want to achieve the following use cases:

1. Device Selection Limit: I need to configure the asset selector to allow a maximum selection of 3 devices at a time and display the selected devices.

2. Display Group Name Upon Device Selection: Whenever a device is selected, I want to display the name of the group to which the device belongs.

3. Whenever I click the remove icon button in asset selection or group name, I want the selected device in the group to be unchecked.

4. For example: If I want to select sub_group_1982, Then I will be able to select from 3 devices in this sub_group_1982. Then, I shouldn’t allow myself to select another sub_group_36204 or subgroup 79998. If the i want selects another subgroup, then i will be able to select the maximum of three device in the group, not allowing them to select another group.

Could you please assist me in achieving this using the asset selector in my application?

Hi @ranjithkumar_m,

Please avoid raising the same topic multiple times. You’ve already raised these questions in Implementing an Asset Selector in Web Plugin Application

1. The asset selector does not provide functionality to limit the number of assets to be selected.
  2. What exactly is stopping you from implementing this?
  3. This is afaik exactly what is happening
  4. This functionality is not available with the asset selector we are providing

I guess you could implement your 1st and 4th requirement by just adding a single asset via the asset selector at once. Once the first asset has been selected you would then only allow adding at max two more assets and you could limit the selection to only the group your first item was selected from.

Regards,
Tristan