Imdk and WmDB

1. Can anyone let me know why a separate package called imdk is required (apart from the connection pooling functionality which it provides)?

2. Everytime I restart the my EJB Application Server, I need to reload the imdk package, cause otherwise the EJB Services fail. The imdk package does not detect that the EJB App server was down and hence it has stale connections, but on imdk package reload, everything works fine. Is there any way out (without reloading imdk package)?

3. Sometimes, when I reload my imdk package, the EJB Adapter crashes. All the directories in the WmEJB Folder gets deleted. Has anybody encountered this problem?

4. What is the difference between WmDB package and JDBC adapter? Which one to use and why?

5. When the adapters start/stop, registering and unregistering of packages takes place. Where exactly is this data stored? Cause I am facing problems when I reload a package. In the server log file, it says “WmEJB has already been registered”. Why do I get this error?

Thanks

Hi

Ad 1)
imdk package comes along with older adapters (e.g. EJB Adapter or MQSeries Adapter). It provides some fundamental adapter functionality like handling connections (including pooling)

Ad 2)
No experience, no comments. MQSeries Adapter does not behave this way.

Ad 3)
No experience, no comments.

Ad 4)
The WmDB package contains services and Dynamic Server Pages (DSPs) that you can use
to build services that connect to databases. Since the version 6.0 it has been deprecated and replaced by the JDBC Adapter. However, it still preserved for the backward compatibility.
The JDBC adapter provides more functionality, improved performance, and supports adapter notifications. It’s also manageable in more civilized manner.

Ad 5)
I’m not sure what data storage you have in mind. The Adapter’s configuration is stored in RepoV2.
Unfortunately, I cannot tell anything about your error.

Regards
Marcin