IDocs are not reaching SAP BC

Harrie,
Thanks for the reply… I did try that !!!
structure of record list is
LINES
—TDFORMAT
—TDLINES

i tried inserting empty space into TDFORMAT via ‘SetValue’ button…
i’m not getting any result from SAP!!!
any clues pls ?

Did you check in SAP if the values are available? I advise you to insert the values for the exporting table in a Z* SAP table to see
when you are running the RFC from the business connector that the values are at that moment in the RFC function module. You can also activate the RFC tracing at the Business Connector. Under Adapters –> rfc tracing. The business connector generates a rfc trace file. In this file you can see the values for the exporting table and the function module!
Good luck.

Sreedhar,

You can also try testing the RFC directly using the SAP BC Admin screen
Adapters - SAP - Lookup - Function By Name
Enter the FM,

The output screen has an option to test the RFC. Then probably you can start checking the rfc trace as Harrie mentions

HTH
Bhavani Shankar

I did test from Lookup and it’s successfull. even when i execute the service , created by BC by outboundmap is also successfull…but if i insert the outbooundmap service explicitly , it’s not working…

even the RFC logs says almost same fetching <structure> <binary> success…

it’s strange behaviour infact …!!!
any one faced such problem??? inputs would be highly appreciated…

Thanks in advance
Sreedhar K

did any one happen to think about this please ???

Hi Sreedhar,

Dit you try to download the data in the Z* table in the functionmodule when you are calling your service from the Business Connector? I asked this yesterday but get no reply on it.

This may help to check if the function module is really called and executed in SAP?

Regards Harrie

Sorry Harrie …

this function module is a rfc wrappper for standard function module READ_TEXT… it just reads data from standard function module …
Could you please tell me further vat exactly you mean by downloading data from Z* table ?

thanks
Sreedhar K

You don’t get data in your exporting table in the business connector,
so I am curious if in the functionmodule the data is in the exporting table just before it is giving the data back to the business connector.
You can insert the values in a customer made table like ZTEST and insert the values and for example and a time stamp. If there is no value at all in this table after you have processed the Business Connector, you can assume that the function module is not called. There for I also mentioned to look in the trace files and search for your Function Module and it exporting tables.

Have you also test to bring the business connector down and up?Sometimes the business connector has some data in it’s cache(a kind of bug), it helps when you bring the server down and up. You can also try to rename your Function module and make an different service. This has also to do with corrupt cache.

Regards,

Harrie

Harrie… your first suggestion worked… though i did that i was doing wrong…that is initializing the recordlist before calling outboundmap… i was initializing at record level…

now some good sense prevailed now instead i initialized at top level and its working great…

thanks a ton to you and every one…
Sreedhar K

Hai All,

Iam working with SAPR/3 4.6 adapter,version webMethods6.1.I have no sample DTD for creating IDOC(MATMAS03) structure in developer.So If anyone have that DTD please send it.

With Regards,
venkat

Venkat,

You can get the DTD from SAP R/3 system.For the IDOC you need, you can export the DTD from SAP R/3(dont remember the transaction on top of head).and in SAP BC,you can import the same DTD to create the Document Structure.

ramesh.

WE60 is the Tx in SAP to download the DTD for a basic or an extension IDOC.

BS

Hello All,
I am working with SAP IDocs(MATMAS),version WM 6.1.I am sending the IDoc from the SAP System using we19 transaction and i have done the all configuration like partner,port,partner profile and RFC destination and distribution model in SAP System but i am getting this below error in SM58 transaction.
“RfcAbort: CheckTID fault: [ISS.0084.9004] Access Denied”

With Regards,
venkat

hai all,

I am working on SAP Adapter 4.6 on WM 6.1. 

To set up an SAP system to send IDocs to the Integration Server, I used the SAP GUI to perform the following steps:

1. Create an RFC Destination on the SAP server
  2. Define a logical port
  3. Create a partner (also known as a logical system)
  4. Create a partner profile
  5. Create a distribution model for the partner and message type

While trying to send IDOC(MATMAS03) from SAP to Integration Server using we19 transaction , I am getting the following

ERROR: SenderPort in control record is invalid…

thanks in advance.
Rao

Hi,
I am using SAP adapter running on WM 6.1 with Listener configured for SAP IDOCs.
I am getting the error ‘Input values do not contain IDOC control and data tables’ in transactions.

I have configured the routing rules also tried with SAP Mappings for 'IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS ’ and ‘INBOUND_IDOC_PROCESS’… still I am getting the above error.

I checked at SAP side and they are sending proper control record information with the IDOCs. Here the IDOCs are being sent in flat formats.

I want clarificaiton : To listen for the IDOCs, if only listener working fine is enough ? Because, currently the SAP server configured is failing when I do ‘Test Connection’ with below error… though it could get the IDOC hits and there is no error at SAP side for those IDOCs.

"Connect from SAP gateway to RFC server failed Connect_PM GWHOST=1<server>, GWSERV=sapgw61, ASHOST=<serverip>, SYSNR=61 LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host <host> / sapgw61 ERROR timeout during allocate TIME Tue Jan 17 11:56:18 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT SAP-Gateway VERSION 2 RC 242 MODULE gwr3cpic.c LINE 1807 DETAIL no connect of TP sapdp61 from host <server> after 22 sec COUNTER "

Can you guys please give me some tips on where this could be failing and any fixes for this.

Thanks a lot

Hi ,
I am having a scenario where I am getting an IDoc from SAP system and it comes to SAP Business Connector where it needs to be converted into an XML and display on the SAP BC server. I am getting the following error when trying to display the XML. Needed help urgently.
$error com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: Input values do not contain IDoc control and data tables $errorType com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException
Thanks in Advance
lakshmi